View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-07-2013, 07:35 AM
Catrin, Pat, Eva - Thanks for the get well wishes for Pereg.

[The silence is rather nice but worrying all the same]

Strangechilde - no coughing, no retching up gunk - definitely no pain, and her lungs sound clear.

I called the surgery as soon as I surfaced [bad night with Pereg but nothing to do with her loss of voice] and Ram was operating, so he will call me back as soon as he has finished. I do not know if she still has no voice as she has had no reason to bark so far today, and she will not bark to order!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2013, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Ashamed to say I wouldn't be too unhappy if Bella lost her voice at times! And I can think of some who would be DELIGHTED!
Same here with collie; think longingly of debarking..Anyone here done that?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

03-07-2013, 10:15 AM
I have now spoken with Ram and he said that as long as Pereg was not ill [epilepsy is a condition, it is not an illness], is acting normally, eating and drinking [and peeing and pooing] normally, not to worry for the moment. But if she has still not gotten her voice back by Sunday to call him again.

Rosebud - I am sure you were joking when you mentioned debarking Collie - much as it drives me bonkers at times, I am beginning to miss Pereg's usual bark!
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-07-2013, 06:11 AM
Hopefully Pereg will be barking again by Sunday!!! can imagine it is strange.. lol. hugs, Eva x
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2013, 06:43 AM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Same here with collie; think longingly of debarking..Anyone here done that?
Are you serious? I know they do this in some states the US. 'Devocalisation' I believe they call it. Makes me sick to think of it.

Non barking dogs. Cats without claws.

I'm QUITE SURE this would be ILLEGAL in the UK. I will check it out later. I'm afraid I'm of the opinion that if it's that important to have a dog that doesn't bark probably best to buy a stuffed toy dog. Or a cat!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

04-07-2013, 07:44 AM
I would sincerely hope that Rosebud was joking. We have massive diggers outside at the moment digging up all the pavement, and poor Pereg has been desperately trying to bark. Now she cannot even squeak and is extremely distressed by not being able to express herself, so the thought of a de-barked dog makes me want to vomit.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I would sincerely hope that Rosebud was joking. We have massive diggers outside at the moment digging up all the pavement, and poor Pereg has been desperately trying to bark. Now she cannot even squeak and is extremely distressed by not being able to express herself, so the thought of a de-barked dog makes me want to vomit.
Well it was just her asking if anyone here had had it done Malka!

I cannot find another thread about Pereg or I am missing it on the Daily. All talking about some lump or something? Hope she will be OK.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

04-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Well it was just her asking if anyone here had had it done Malka!

I cannot find another thread about Pereg or I am missing it on the Daily. All talking about some lump or something? Hope she will be OK.
I mentioned the swelling in message 17 on the Daily thread, which is why I took her to the Vet this afternoon. Message 51 tells how she got on.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2013, 02:16 PM
Yes I am up to speed now. Glad she's OK. I was looking in Health and here for it.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2