View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-10-2011, 07:43 PM
I was the thinking the same thing LS....
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
On a low level, yes absolutely.

Now this person has a viewpoint that they may never have got elsewhere. It's worth observing or pondering whether this person is now a little bit more knowledgeable than he or she was before. And whether he or she is now also more aware of social attitudes towards breeding 'willy nilly' from the point of view of dog lovers?

I think it demonstrates my point really well - thank you for highlighting it

But I want to stress that it won't be that straight forward to begin with, as we'd have to be more subtle, and once we have done our bit to kill off the other sites as much as we can, we will then be a position to introduce further, more meaningful change.
My recommendation will be for you to get a tin hat and a flak jacket because the thing you are trying the achieve is a long haul and not everyone will agree with how you are going about it or see your long term goal.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

Azz
Administrator
Male 

15-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
My recommendation will be for you to get a tin hat and a flak jacket because the thing you are trying the achieve is a long haul and not everyone will agree with how you are going about it or see your long term goal.
Yeah I would completely agree, people (to begin with at least) just won't 'get it', and many will (understandably) think we're just adding to the problem... until they read the about us section, and this Q&A thread

I think that's also the beauty of it - it's just so unorthodox and it's usually the crazy ideas that seem to work the best

As much as I love what Battersea do, I think they're being a little naive. If you 'just' close down the free ad type sites, then free 'breeder ad sites' will crop up, and they will replace them in the search results. Campaigning to regulate breeding and the sale of pets (as in Sweden) would be _much_ better, because it is trying to fix the root of the problem.
Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 11 12 13 14