musky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Vodkalass View Post
The ignorant people!
that's a good one

and of course Out of control dogs

But my big problem is vehicles, I have no pavement around here so we are forced to walk on the road/grass verge and the vehicles go far to fast for the size of the roads.
Zaros
New Member!
Male 

20-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
What is the bane of you dog walks ??
Other people ?
Out of control dogs ?
Out of control kids ?
Bikes?
Or something completely different.....
All of the above and more. Hunters during the hunting season. Tourists during the Tourist season.

Oscar and Zara are rarely on their leash despite them wearing body harnesses on most of their wanderings through the forest where we live. These items are so that we can clip them back on to their leash to prevent the them from from body searching folks and their possesions should we ever come into contact with anyone.
TuesdaJade
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Disrespectful children with dogs. The other day this group of kids with their dog saw me and mine and decided to take their dog running after us, letting their dog jump all over us without so much as a warning or question. I just adopted my dog and she isn't properly socialized so that really works he up. The best part being; when I asked the kids to take their dog away...they said no.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 01:05 PM
1) bikes on canal tow-paths..........its hard not to fall in as you try to grapple with a speeding cyclist and getting all 5 dogs to one side
2) Mine on leads and loose dogs that belong to other people...... ''the tie you in knots mom as that dog there is trying to have ago at us, but we'll all walk backwards/sidewards/do twirls to watch him for you''
3) The owner thats jumping up and down in the distance shouting.....''get your dogs''...''get your dogs''....mines nasty and sure enough thier dog is careering at full speed towards you, teeth bared and snorting red mist......unleaded of course
4) People that say ''Oh he's/she's just playful......as I try to find Mojo from underneath the much larger playful dog that has her squidged to the floor like a run over hedgehog
mobbed is the word I would use
5) The owners that laugh as thier dog runs off into the distance with the ball that 5 seconds earlier belonged to mine and the saying of.....Oh dear you've lost that now!!!!!!........Grrrrrrrrrr teach your dog to LEAVE then
and last but not least....those owners that insist on thier dog joining up with mine and because mine stick in thier pack....tell ME that mine are not sociable...........''well we didn't invite you to share our space you insisted
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Loads of really good ones...thought I'd add one that hasn't been mentioned yet...

POO! I don't enjoy picking it up...but my pet hate is other people leaving theirs!
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 01:40 PM
I could do without the rubbish but it's not really a bane.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 01:48 PM
People cycling down the footpath where we walk.... there are multiple signs that say "No Cycling", including it being painted ON the footpath several times...

This means that it's dangerous for the dogs to be offlead, as cyclists whizz up behind me with no warning and then shoot past me and narrowly miss the dogs. Or they don't give me chance to get the dogs back, and swerve round them...

Argh!
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Squirrels. The dog would probably disagree on these being a negative but when one hoves into view if he's not on-lead (he's back on lead near trees now cos of this), the only chance I'd have of getting his attention would be to donn a fluffy grey tail and start climbing a tree myself.

Those stupidly annoying little petrol powered trail bikes meaning the entire summer on a towpath sounds like a fly fart with the constant plllllfllflffsfffffftttt drone.

Cyclists who think they're in the Tour De France and not the Tour De Very Narrow Canal Towpath... "OIGERROUTOFTHEWAY" is NOT a substitute for a bell guys. The one who came hammering along, tried to be clever and swerve as I was moving to the side instead of waiting and nearly fell in DID make me smile.

Jack Russells who think they're Rambo.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Dogs that do not recall or owners who do not bother trying - usually part of the "it's ok, he's friendly" bridgade

Also agree with sunny bank holidays

Joggers who will not slow their pace for anything and lack any common sense

Squirrels

Other people throwing balls for their dogs. Not their fault, but Cain fails to realise that a)he's on lead and b) it's not his ball and c) my arms are supposed to stay in their sockets....
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »