Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 03:54 PM

Really want to lose weight!

I suppose like alot of people I have gained alot of weight since meeting my OH, contentment Iv been told!

Anyway. I am getting married in a year and really want to look and feel my best...sooo I need/ want to loose about 3 or 4 stone.

I have joined a gym and intend to go as often as I can with OH.. probably 3 or 4 times a week.

Iv got wii fit, but havent been on it in ages. so going to fish that out tomorrow and set up a new thingy on it lol.

Has anyone got any tips/ ideas to help? Easy recipes that are healthy etc, or just what you did to help loose weight?

Any help is greatly appricated guys xx
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Shouldn`t you check with the OH first? Some men don`t really like bony women (thankfully).
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Join Slimming World.

I lost 3 stone and the OH lost 5.1/2 stone.

Diet, not exercise, is the answer to a decent weightloss.

Exercise is good for toning, but only makes the difference of about a pound a month.

Good luck!
Greenfae
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm in the same boat! Get Married August 2012 and need to drop about 4 stone by then. I've joined SW but never really got into it so I'm hoping to start again at the weekend
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Shouldn`t you check with the OH first? Some men don`t really like bony women (thankfully).
OH likes me the way I am (a little more "cuddly" than when we first met, I call it happy weight ) but I want to lose weight for me and don't see why anyone should have to ask for someone else's approval!

The basics are easy - increase calories burnt, decrease calories consumed, so you're doing well with exercise. With food, I personally find it's best to not "diet" as such but just have healthier meals and smaller portions. Realising I don't need the same portion size as OH helps for starters and also substituting little bits and pieces - wholegrain for white stuff, for example. Bulking meaty meals out (if you're not veggie) with healthy stuff - e.g. I used to make a bulk batch of bolognese and I'd bulk it out with red lentils, porridge oats (sounds odd but you don't taste them) and grated carrot - so not only is there less meat but you're eating some nice healthy stuff in there too without even realising it because it soaks up the bolognese sauce. I'd freeze batches of it and then have with pasta, spaghetti, on a jacket potato, etc. as it saves having to spend ages in the kitchen every night cooking up fresh meals, which is another downfall of mine when it comes to bad eating habits. You can do the same with stuff like casseroles, chillies, etc. too.
kobi
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-03-2011, 07:32 PM
draw up a realistic exercise plan that you can live with.
Over enthusiastic plans fall away too easily
Walking is one of the least stressful forms of exercise and you can do this together and in nice places.
Same with the eating. You are trying to change to an eating regime which you can stay with and enjoy.
You cant starve until you lose your target weight and then just go back to where you were. Changes for the long term are what will benefit you the most. Dont go spartan and take all the fun out of your life, this is what made you attractive to OH in the first place.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Erm - I can think of three - Flyball (Flint), Agility (Simba) and herding(Gem) That's you and the dogs sorted and since I've met them all - Gem is more into her herding instincts, Simba is definitely an agility dog and Flint - his obsession is definitely Flyball!

Also a bike - a walkydog and a good wood Plenty of water, a good routine - throw away all snacky foods. 3 meals a day. And plenty of fruit as snacks.

Might as well exercise the dogs whilst exercising - more motivation IMO and fresh air is so much better for you than sweaty humidity in the gym - plus it's cheaper!

Luckily - Adie likes me the way I am and if I even suggest anything like "ooh this is a little flabby" I don't get the "Oh shush you're perfect" I get "If you don't like it - go to gym". I don't get sympathy so I don't complain

So yeaah - get those dogs and yourself out!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 05:48 AM
Here's a good tip...... make everything that you can half fat instead of full fat.

I did that "cold turkey" and I've never looked back. Being diabetic fat is a no-no for me as it's processed as sugar, so taking that step means I can have the odd choccie and it has no effect on my blood sugar.

I can honestly say, hand on heart, that I cannot tell the difference now.

Try it - every little helps!

TeamSpaniel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-03-2011, 07:02 AM
I've lost 3 stone (So far!) Walking my pups.... lol... Just getting out there.... when your heavier.... walking is so good for you!!!

I'm one of those carb o'holics!!! But i no try to have no carbs after my lunch.... so i can still have toast or a sandwich.... but tea i try to have Protein and veg!!!

Seems boring at first but you soon get into it.... plus you feel less bloated!!! Well i do anyhoo!!!!!!

kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 10:26 AM
thanks very much everyone! thats really helpful, im really feeling motivated after reading your responses x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >