Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2007, 06:56 PM

The changing climate

It's been so hot here today on the Pembrokeshire riviera, I've been swimming...... in the sea...... without a wetsuit! Then picnic on the beach and an hour sunbathing.

Can't say I've ever been in in October before, never mind November. Think I'll give December a miss though

And just as a reminder that we're well into autumn, I heard my first fox call of the year when I got back and out with the dogs at dusk.... Ah, what a perfect day
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Lucky you! I must admit, I felt pretty summery today, out mowiing the lawn and other garden chores. If climate change could promise an increase in winter daylight for us, it'd get my vote
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Mad isn't it. bonfire night normally means me stood freezing cold, hat, gloves ice blocks for feet watching our local firework show.

I have just come home, not cold for the first year ever and my son put his coat on (he hasn't worn it since last year) and the sleeves were too short so he insisted on not wearing his other coat. And he wasn't cold at all....just brilliant this climate change.

Today the old man next door to me was sat in his back garden on his deck chair reading his paper.
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2007, 10:33 PM
Yep certainly mild here aswell. Going to cut the front lawn tomorrow if the weather holds.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-11-2007, 09:29 AM
pod: And just as a reminder that we're well into autumn, I heard my first fox call of the year when I got back and out with the dogs at dusk....
foxes have called all year round where i have lived in england and denmark....
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2007, 09:32 AM
I mowed the lawn yesterday, thought I'd better get in any lawn cutting for as long as possible as I hate long grass!
Becky
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
foxes have called all year round where i have lived in england and denmark....

Oh right! Is that usual or just a recent change in their behaviour? And are they rural or urban foxes... (don't think you have urbanised in Denmark yet though?).
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Oh right! Is that usual or just a recent change in their behaviour? And are they rural or urban foxes... (don't think you have urbanised in Denmark yet though?).
its something i have been aware of since childhood in rural and urban areas in the UK...have only lived in DK for one year.
in both places i've heard foxes singing at nite thruout the year.
i have a strong recollection of this because everytime i hear a fox it sounds like a baby being murdered (to me, that is).

Kobenhavn is the only 'real' urban centre in DK.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2007, 11:21 AM
The weather is pretty mild here also , not half as cold as it usually is , xxdk