Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 12:36 PM

Dog proof bin?

The dogs don't really mess with the bin when we're around but at night time when they are shut in the kitchen we have to move it out of there and during the day we do have to keep an eye on them.

Takara's been in there A LOT and has made herself ill stealing things out of there.

We can't fit it in any of the cupboards etc and really need to try and find a design that the pooch cannot master!

Has anyone got any ideas? If you could post a link to the type of bin you have (if your dogs can't use it) that would be wonderful! We're willing to find a way to bolt down the main lid so that if she knocks it over it can't come off but also want easy access to put the rubbish in, if you understand me?!

Thanks xx
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-07-2006, 12:55 PM
You want better than a dog proof bin you want a Dally proof bin and i dont think they have been invented!!!!

We have exactly the same problem...the best solution...the old wooden chopping board placed on top of lid...Dal proof **touch wood**
Good luck! xx
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by SpottyDogsRule
You want better than a dog proof bin you want a Dally proof bin and i dont think they have been invented!!!!

We have exactly the same problem...the best solution...the old wooden chopping board placed on top of lid...Dal proof **touch wood**
Good luck! xx
Diz - proof perhaps! Takara just knocks chopping board off!

Mum and dad have got one that looks as though it might work keep your fingers crossed!
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 06:30 PM
I find the Yellow Pages works well
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 06:37 PM
I have a metal pedal bin and so far................it is Molly proof!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 08:26 PM
mum and dad have brought back a metal pedal bin that Takara shouldn't be able to get into, even if she was to work out the pedal (which is very doubtful) it would be too tall for her to get her head in!
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie
mum and dad have brought back a metal pedal bin that Takara shouldn't be able to get into, even if she was to work out the pedal (which is very doubtful) it would be too tall for her to get her head in!
I thought that too but i swear to god poppy still manages to get into it while candy stands on the pedal, and buddy stands there looking guilty as usual!!lol!!what i do now is turn it around before going out so they can't get onto the pedal!!
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 08:33 PM
I have tried and tested every conceivable bin there is and my solution is - PUT THE BIN OUT.

They have managed to get into every bin I have had and now I am resigned to it - out it goes!!!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2006, 02:30 PM
lol Karen!

Candie, hopefully Takara won't be able to bully Ed into helping her out but you never know!

Karen I am going to design THE dog proof bin! I'll let you know in 20 years time how I'm getting on
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2006, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie

Karen I am going to design THE dog proof bin! I'll let you know in 20 years time how I'm getting on
Great stuff - if I am still in the land of the living I'll be your first customer - I haven't had a dog yet that hasn't been a binraker!!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >