Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2014, 03:35 PM

Bella now LIKES donkeys ... official!

And so do I! I love them and been taking carrots to them every day.

Bella gave the baby donkey a little kissy today. She does try to go in their corral. But they seem perfectly OK with her and much more interested in the carrots and the nuzzling from me.

mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2014, 03:40 PM
Had to click this right away. Those donkeys sure are sweet. They just marvel in all the attention, don't they? I miss my aunts donkeys The horrid smell was always worth the visits to the gentle things.

Reminds me of my childhood. Thanks for the pics, they are much enjoyed. Cute outfit BTW (very cute)
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2014, 03:44 PM
I only buy stuff from shops like Debenhams or M&S if they are featuring in a 'half price' sale Myra! And the T-shirt is one of many I have in all colours from a cheapie clothes shop here - €3.50 each. I made the effort today as we were going into town for a sunday roast lunch. It's usually cutoffs and flips.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2014, 03:55 PM
Nothing wrong with that IMO. I am size 18-20 so I know about buying clothes at "half off" sales. Retail price is often too costly for me.

I am unable to wear skirts because they look dorky on my long silly legs and I'd not wear a sleeveless shirt either. But you worked it well.

Very "springy" might one say?

P.S.

"T-Shirts" are the shirts that when you hold them out have the sleeves that make the shirt look like the letter "T". The shirt you are wearing is a sleeveless or "tank" type shirt.

Not trying to be bossy, just thought to say that
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2014, 04:03 PM
You are of course CORRECT! And I am a fashion DORK! What I'm wearing is a Vest top or Camisole top (but usually camisoles have stringy shoulder straps).

Since I reached the age where I inherited my auntie Norah's flabby upper arms I really should cover them up. However as I don't give a flying fig .... lol!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Those donkeys look very well cared for, they have shelter and water, from some of the things you have said about the animal welfare in Cyprus it is lovely to see that not everyone's like that.
Great that Bella is a donkey fan, or is it a carrot fan
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2014, 04:08 PM
Absolutely Tawney. Was saying to my pal today it is such a TREAT to see such well cared for animals here in Cyprus. I don't think I could cope with visiting them if they were in poor condition in bad housing.

They have a pucker stable (with electricity supply?) and a strong corral outside it. Mangers hanging for feed and water and it is obviously cleaned daily. Donkeys themselves in FINE condition. Baby looks just like its mummy. I've found out the 'real' age of it now ... it is about 4 months old.

Mind you, here in Pyla, all the cats have nice collars and are fat and clean and happy looking. I know what goes on island wide but it is really nice to live where I don't have to see it every day.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2014, 04:30 PM
LOVE the photos, esp the one with Bella stood up looking in... brilliant

and vest top, T-shirt - smee-shirt - at least you were clothed.. I seem to remember some comments about you going nekkid when it is hot? or is that just at home LOLOLOL
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-04-2014, 05:57 PM
Aw the second picture is so sweet
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2014, 06:32 PM
Gorgeous pics. You do look lovely
BTW,if you're taking pics of Bella and the Donkeys,whose taking pics of you ...Something you're like to share with the group Mrs Pat??
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >