Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
My last weekly shop cost me over £100
How many people is that for?!
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
Amazon are usually pretty good for things like that Helen.
Thanks - have had a look and I might get something there. I have a few nectar points as well

See I always wonder if there must a market for that - searching for bargains for someone?!

There must be loads of people in my boat, I would love to have the time to search about but I barely have enough time in my day to wonder what to make for dinner nevermind shop around to buy it
It can take ages to do and can be frustrating but it's always a good feeling when you get that bargain! lol

Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I am ashamed to say that I rarely shop around properly for bargains. I know I probably should, but just find it too dull

I did a shop in Aldi just before Christmas - purely because I had so little time to shop before going to my son's nursery nativity and I am glad I don't have to do it all the time, as I wasn't really impressed with their range or the quality - although it was definitely cheaper than Tesco who I usually use.
Needs must and all that, not to mention I really don't like paying more than I have to!

How can you say Aldi is not good quality I think a lot of their stuff is better than the bigger supermarkets. Their fruit is a lot better as it doesn't go off so quickly, not to mention it's a lot cheaper. I now drink their tea, which is saying something as I have always had Yorkshire tea. I also get their chinese/curry sauces which are much nicer than the other supermarkets, as well as cheaper. Their prawn crackers are cheaper, and nicer as well. The list is endless.....

I totally agree with the range though and I do have to go to Asda every few weeks to fill up the store cupboard.

Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I know we have had this discussion before elsewhere Helen, but I really do not know how you manage to shop for a family for a week for £39!!! You will have to let me in on the secret!
I write a meal plan and stick to it. I don't tend to buy any little extras, although some manage to land in my trolley. I also do a lot of baking so don't buy cakes, although I did buy some biscuits this week but only for 50p lol We eat a lot of rice and pasta and I buy that in bulk

I just couldn't afford that every week.

Helen
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
How many people is that for?!
Two adults and three dogs
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Ah, I didn't include the animal food bill in my budget. I daren't add it up lol

Helen
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Yup ... my weekly shop is ALWAYS over £100.

That is for two adults and two children.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 08:50 PM
I tend to pop to my local Sainsbury's and do my shopping to time with when they have just reduced things. Yesterday I got one pack of salmon reduced from £4 to £1.30 and 3 packs of mackeral reduced from £3 to £1 a pack! They are in the freezer for the dogs and will go for a week's meals so not bad for the 2 of them!

I also got a lovely evening dress from a dress agency in Sheringham on Saturday for my niece. It was brand new with tags and ws 70% off so it cost just £7.50. It is really beautiful and I just jealous that I am not a size 8 to fit into it (though I would look a bit skeletal as I am 5 foot 7").

I also got 2 bags of Iams dog food 3KG senior reduced in Sainsbury's to £5 a bag. Not sure why reduced as good date (April 2013) and not a brand I normally buy but good ingredients. The dog pictured on the packet even looked quite like Izzy! (it was a mini Schnauzer though not a Kerry )

There is nothing like a good bargain to make you feel better.
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-02-2012, 09:53 PM
I managed to pick up a whole fresh salmon from Asda on Saturday evening. Original price £23 reduced to £10. Once I'd boned, skinned and filleted it I got 12 big portions from it. What a bargain!!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Bloody hell!

OH and I spent about £150- £200 a month on our food (fresh meat and veg every day).
Dogs cost just over £20 per month to feed, and cats about the same (2 dogs, 4 cats)
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2012, 07:39 AM
I spend £150-200 per month for 2 people (including household stuff like loo-roll, cleaning stuff etc)
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >