Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 07:50 PM

Seen it all now

Someone showing up to a dog training class without treats, pockets for treats and most noteably... a dog lead.

Yes, she rolled up with the dog tied to something white that looked suspiciously like either a bandage or a swing bin liner... and from the reactions of everyone else in there -this did not seem to be an irregular occurrence.

Seriously - you go to the lengths of paying for a training class - but not a dog lead?!
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 07:54 PM
speechless!
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 07:54 PM
LissaBrown
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2011, 07:56 PM
thats crazy!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Well, TBF some of the best dog trainers I know have their dogs on the end of a bit of baling twine....................
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 08:18 PM
perhaps she does not want the weight of a lead? Or to be reliant on one? So the dog does not learn to react to a lead. The handler not learn to 'use' one.
MadisonSale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2011, 08:22 PM
i was going to suggest that maybe the dog has "learned" that when lead goes on/treats get picked up, its training time, which it might not like. i'm sure everybody here has had a "desperate times call for desperate measures" kind of moment, this might just be one
2Greys
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2011, 08:30 PM
How strange, i could understand a one off if the dog gets in the car off lead & owner forgets to pick the lead up.

On the KCGC class we did i was really surprised how few people had ID tags on their dogs collars when they checked. Even without legal requirement its easiest way for someone to be able to return your dog.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 08:55 PM
We had someone in dog training class that used to turn up with her dog off-lead so you could say she didn't have a lead either. Dog was very placid and well-trained though but I wouldn't walk my dogs off-lead near a road whether I was going to a training class or not.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by MadisonSale View Post
i was going to suggest that maybe the dog has "learned" that when lead goes on/treats get picked up, its training time, which it might not like. i'm sure everybody here has had a "desperate times call for desperate measures" kind of moment, this might just be one
When I used to take Zane to training he knew we were going to "doggy school" when my Mom turned up to baby sit for me. She hardly ever arrives unless I'm going out and I dont go anywhere without Zane if I don't have Oscar with me.

Even though I take treats, his ball etc on a normal walk, he knew it was time for training class if my Mom turned up.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >