Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2021, 03:12 AM

Daily Thread Monday 5th July 2021

Morning all
Lynn, hope your visit went well and you managed to sort Margaret's letter out for her
Sue, hope you eventually made it to your son's
Brenda, hope you enjoyed Harry potter
Chris, have things quietened down now after the half term holidays?
Moyra, any luck on the new home search?
Kazz, how's the garden coming on?
Early start for me today, have to be in Wolverhampton for 8am, I can definitely say the acupuncture is working/has worked, Kota has had no pain relief for 6days, her heads up, she's not scuffing when walking and over the past few days her exercise had to be increased drastically because the garden was out of use and she has coped brilliantly. She even managed to give me a near heart attack when she jumped up the new wall which is about 3ft and then back off it again! Not sure if today will be her last session or not
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2021, 04:44 AM
Morning Kelly I to am awake. As soon as it gets light. Enjoyed Harry. Pleased to hear Kota is doing well. Have a good trip. Hope everyone has a good day.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2021, 06:45 AM
We are here...a bit early but guess that's better than late lol
Brenda, I was awake at about 2.15 and never went back to sleep
Molly duty today, think it's only one day this week....I don't mind taking her as it's only a couple of days a week
Right best go and let them know I am here
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2021, 08:21 AM
Good morning Kelly, Brenda and all who follow

Pleased that Kota seems to be pain free and hope it continues that way.

Sunny here so a nice walk with Teazle. Met a few other dog walkers and had a good chat .

Yes we got to Ben's eventually. He decided to have a look at the lagging in the loft to see if it needed replacing but it is fine just need to board the it. But the junk left up there was disgusting. Empty cardboard boxes for child car seat, kettle, microwave, children's toys but the best was the whole carcas for a fitted wardrobe. The doors had been wedged between the rafters so a job to move around and then get through the loft hatch, bearing in mind he only had one board to sit on. Still loft now empty and he can get on with boarding it where he wants.

Speaking to someone recently moved in round here and she had the same. She said it is too expensive to get hold of the previous owners as you have to go through solicitors and jump through a few hoops. Much cheaper to order a skip so that is what we are planning on doing and getting rid of the stuff we have already removed from the floors. Also took up all the carpets yesterday, they stank so they can go in the skip too.

Hope all are well. Take care.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2021, 08:46 AM
Oh Sue, that's absolutely terrible, everyone here clears out their garage and loft...I hope they have moved into a house that's full of junk
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-07-2021, 11:55 AM
Afternoon griff, brenda, Sue and all to follow.
Rainy then sunny day today. Bad night again with Dillon so far the tablets aren't working maybe to night.
Got to bed he needed someone and settled after in and out for a while so I slept a couple of hours on the sofa again.
Gorden had a long drive this morning so I took the shift, I went to bed about 11.30 and Dillon was settled till around 4. Gorden got up and we needed to be up by 5 anyway.
Will give it a a while longer and if it's still carrying on even with these serotonin tablets I will have a word with the vet.
She is ringing in two weeks regards his joint issues and to see if the pain inhibitor is working.

Had a lovely visit yesterday and yes the letters got done for Michael to post.
Margaret is doing as well as can be expected and doing odd jobs round the bungalow. Michael is chivvying her along.
It was a bit upsetting as everything is getting handed to them and Gill and Peter had to fight so hard and got nothing. Margaret has even been offered the profiling bed that Gill and Peter had to source and pay for 2nd hand, the only thing the same is the blue badge.
Obviously I don't begrudge it but it hurts to think how hard we fought for the things for Gill and no one sat up and did anything till a couple of week before she died.

Sue how bad about the rubbish left. I thought it was part of the contract on selling all rubbish had to be removed. I remember Michael when he was an estate agent told me that.
griff enjoy your walk with Molly and glad Kota is now pain free.

Stay safe everyone.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2021, 12:35 PM
Good afternoon all.

A bit of a 'hot one minute, chilly the next' morning, but we enjoyed it.

It has quietened a little, but not as much as normal Kelly. This morning, the car park we use was full to bursting when we got back to the car at noon. What I don't get is the school trips. You'd think with all the lost time at school that they would concentrate on teaching the basics now they are back rather than bringing them to the coast for the day

Oh Lynn, I was truly hoping for all concerned that the new meds would work for Dillon
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-07-2021, 03:12 PM
Think the pain inhibitor injection is working Chris it's the melotonin supplement to help him sleep that isn't working not at the moment anyway.

Why are the children out they should be in school unless there in public school I know by Paul and Beth's children they break up weeks before state schools.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2021, 04:07 PM
Awww Lynn, hopefully a couple of days and the tablets may take effect.....fingers crossed
Chris, I wonder is it the children who are leaving to go to senior school?! Perhaps the thinking is that the children have had a tough time too??
Had a lovely walk with Molly, it's quite a lot for me as she walks quite quickly so I end up lagging behind lol.... she's off lead and will sort of wait and look at me as if to say hurry up slow coach lol. She's had her walk, done her business and said hello to a pointer called max and is now chilling next to me on the sofa, I will spend a bit of time with her, then leave her her treats and head off, need to stop and get something for dinner but not sure what!! Actually, scrap that .I may get naughty and go to Iceland and get a frozen veg curry...naughty me!!!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2021, 09:57 PM
Nah, this group of kids were with teachers and looked about the 13-14 age range.

I just don't get it