Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
littlewolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
After reading the thread on Tiny the rottie.

I was wonderign what the worst excuse you've heard for a person to get rid of a dog?

I've heard:
- He doesnt match the furniture
Have you honestly heard that? because that sounds far too ridiculous to be true, even if someone was rehoming for that reason surely the'd make up a better excuse?
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
Have you honestly heard that? because that sounds far too ridiculous to be true, even if someone was rehoming for that reason surely the'd make up a better excuse?
i've heard it, you just have to bite your tongue, safe in the knowledge that the dog will find a better home
Ang3l
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-11-2010, 02:31 PM
I've heard 'He's too big' ...its a st bernard wtf did u expect it to grow like?

I can't be bothered anymore .... yet gets another one a few months later

The worst one and its not really an excuse but here goes sorry if I ramble on ..

A friend of mine got a puppy a chocloate Labrador who was adorable , this puppy is the reason I have my 3 choccys , anyway he got to be about 2 years old when I popped round to see my friend ...no dog! ..So I asked her where is buttons? Oh I was skint in the pub last night so I sold him to some bloke for £100 not bad hey? Then when she found out Molly was having puppies she bugged me for weeks until I bluntly told her under no circumstances was she having one of my puppies after what she did to buttons!!

She's not a friend anymore but its no loss as far as I am concerned!!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
Yup I heard it at my local shelter, it was also posted up on their website in teh "Reasons why these dogs are with us"

Too ridculous I know but sadly true
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2010, 03:07 PM
moults too much
doesnt do what its told
too noisy
too bouncy

Flint was given to me coz 'he would be a crap sheepdog, too fat and didnt want anything to do with people' [he had been left in a shed til he was 16weeks coz farmer couldnt b bothered to try and find him a home!]
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2010, 03:24 PM
`We`ve got a new carpet`
Bandi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-11-2010, 03:42 PM
It smells of dog
Dog hairs on the carpet
It poos in the kitchen on a night and when I go out.( this was a puppy)
All those poor little dogs out there, all those stupid people!
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
all of the above,

and can't cope, then goes out and buys another springer pup
he's aggresive, six month old mouthy puppy who hadn't been trained
can't afford the vet bills
He won't retrieve a rabbit i shot, 9 month old working cocker that was just expected to know how to do it, because of his breed, no training

a
OMW why buy a springer pup if you arent prepared to train a dog, regardless of what they do instinctively! And what they do instinctively leads you to in all likelihood needing a vet!

I know this probably isnt practical but it worries me how many people seem to get dog after dog after dog, none of which they seem to keep for one reason or another, somehow there should be a restriction. I know that in some cases people can not help having to give up a dog and years later are maybe better placed to keep a dog, but some people seem to be serial dog disrupters!!!

I am committed to my pup the same as I am my children, through good, bad, thick or thin, pulling my hair out, going grey and moments of extreme pride and would be devastated if i ever had to give him up, so much so i dont think i would then be ready to risk getting another dog.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
`We`ve got a new carpet`
There's some real gems here, unbelievable, sad but true. Think remember hearing the new carpet/furniture one few years ago
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2010, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Ang3l View Post
I've heard 'He's too big' ...its a st bernard wtf did u expect it to grow like?

I can't be bothered anymore .... yet gets another one a few months later

The worst one and its not really an excuse but here goes sorry if I ramble on ..

A friend of mine got a puppy a chocloate Labrador who was adorable , this puppy is the reason I have my 3 choccys , anyway he got to be about 2 years old when I popped round to see my friend ...no dog! ..So I asked her where is buttons? Oh I was skint in the pub last night so I sold him to some bloke for £100 not bad hey? Then when she found out Molly was having puppies she bugged me for weeks until I bluntly told her under no circumstances was she having one of my puppies after what she did to buttons!!

She's not a friend anymore but its no loss as far as I am concerned!!
What are people like
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >