Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 11:51 AM

Toilet Indoors!!

Archie has decided to go into the loungs and urinate up the furniture - twice - same piece of furniture but different place ?????

It has been raining here all morning, is he just being lazy ?

Both boys are now in the kitchen, but I feel guilty as it was most defrinately Archie, but Harvey is being punished also.

Should I have seperated them ?
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 12:14 PM
Im not an expert as I am just learning to train my pup now myself, yet I know pups tend to unrinate in the same place as they have in the past if they can smell a trace of urine where they have gone before, so try to scrub the furniture very throughly and spray it with fabric fresh, even perfume if nessacery as remember dogs have significantly better sense of smell than us, so even if it smells very fresh to us, there might still be a smell there.

Also a good idea would be the clicker system.

When she goes in the right place, outdoors, make sure you click straight away and give her a treat and lavish her with praise, make her feel so smart and specil.

A puppy is just as willing as there owner to do good and please them, and if a treat is involved as well as lots of attention and praise from mummy, im sure they will be very eager to do it in the same place next time!

Ido this with my little puppy and she has taken to it straight away, now it is very rare that she has an accident...

Good luck
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Not sure of Archies age or the situation, let me know the age of both dogs and I will see if I can help. Is there do you think a bitch in season in the area?
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 12:34 PM
i think archie is more dominant of the 2 Mrs G ...scent marking is more likely whats happening here
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 01:00 PM
2 boys both now 10 months old...
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
2 boys both now 10 months old...
scent marking .....i bet ya

clean it well and discourage when you see him doing it

he tried it here tracy ..... but soon became aware it wasn't acceptable
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 01:13 PM
Agree, adolescence behaviour not helped by having a same age rival living with him. Clean area with detergent, no bleach or ammonia, and fly of the handle if you catch him at it, instil in him that you are the boss and he had better toe the line.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 01:42 PM
Thanks, he is strung up now.... AS IF !!! He knew as soon as he had done it..
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 01:45 PM
Thanks, he is strung up now.... AS IF !!! He knew as soon as he had done it..
keep on .......he will learn its not alowed
spot
Dogsey Veteran

20-10-2006, 01:47 PM
Archie has decided to go into the loungs and urinate up the furniture - twice - same piece of furniture but different place ?????

It has been raining here all morning, is he just being lazy ?

Both boys are now in the kitchen, but I feel guilty as it was most defrinately Archie, but Harvey is being punished also.

Should I have seperated them ?
Not sure why you are punishing either of them now. Unless you catch him in the act there's no point punishing him after the fact neither of them have a clue why they are being excluded.

Clean thoroughly with bio washing powder to get rid of the smell. Watch him like a hawk and if you do catch him a simple uh huh and take him outside once he goes in the right place lots of praise and treats.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >