Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tarasmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-06-2005, 12:23 PM

Dogs and gardens,we can have both

Glad i looked in this forum,as well as being mad about dogs,i,m also a plantaholic,but when i mention my hairy friends in garden websites i use,i always get the same response.
YOU CAN,T BE A GARDENER AND KEEP DOGS.
My dogs have free run of the lawn,better described as scrubland,and i have sole rights to the borders.
Two words i used a lot when they were pups,OFF and LEAVE.
Pity i can,t train the cat as well
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 12:33 PM
Thats why I am having my garden done up!
I am seperating it into 2 sections....doggy section, and mine!! lol
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Hi Tarasmum - and welcome to DW, great to have you on board

Glad you love gardens too

Would love to see your photos. And if you can offer any advice in the post (Black Bamboo) would love to hear from you.

xi
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 12:35 PM
TM you will have to give me some tips as at the moment my garden is just for the dogs, its a right tip but its getting done soon and the dogs are having there own part but will be able to use our bit aswell (there own part will be for there 1s and 2s )
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 12:52 PM
i thought it was a great idea for the 1s and 2s for Bruno's part - however I decided to seperate a section off as a trial with willow screening and the wee get wants into the willow screened section and spends the whole time with me shouting NO LEAVE whenevr he goes near it. he is determined to destroy it !!

dani
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 02:41 PM
I eventually having the two dogs now (both bitches not good for lawns ) decided to seperate the garden in two.
The part nearest the house in block paved (took place over a couple of years, and when we had the time) Then a fence then the garden as such - down th bit nearest the house is the table chairs sheds etc. Makes life much easier.
The part nearest the house is about 35ft wide by about 24ft long. Then we have the garden.

So I think its possibly to have garden and dogs with the help of a fence. And found a pale green is the best coluur so far we have painted the fence - seems to disappear into the background rather than make a statement I am a fence.
Here see
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Hi

From day 1 Luna have never stepped outside the "borders" my stepdad and mum have in their garden.. Even if she's butt-tucking (running for full speed, without seeing where she's going) she wont cross the border.

This is nothing we have taught her.....

Oh and I might have to say, my mum and stepdad are very proud of their garden...
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2005, 02:22 PM
My old garden was sectioned off. There was a patio at the top, and the rest of the garden further down.

The gardens here are in different sections, most of it is grass. The front lawn has borders. Then there's a walled garden, the pool area then another garden which is mainly shrubs with a patio and covered bar area at the end of that. The vegatable garden is on the other side of the back drive.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

22-06-2005, 08:11 PM
Wolfie pics please!! sounds like my dream house!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2005, 08:27 PM
Hi tarasmum and welcome! You can definitely have dogs and a garden, I seem to be lucky as my two refuse point blank to use the garden as a toilet, sand pit etc! Very annoying when I want an early night though!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >