Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2010, 10:34 AM

Paella recipe

I'm hoping to make paella for tea tomorrow night and previously I've used either jamie olivers recipe or a paella mix.

I picked up some good quality saffron whilst abroad and am keen to try and make paella from scratch.

Has anyone got any good authentic recipes or tried and tested recipes?

Thanks in advance.
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
I'm hoping to make paella for tea tomorrow night and previously I've used either jamie olivers recipe or a paella mix.

I picked up some good quality saffron whilst abroad and am keen to try and make paella from scratch.

Has anyone got any good authentic recipes or tried and tested recipes?

Thanks in advance.
I like Paella but i dont make it with fish, i havent got the recipe at hand as i am at work but will have a look when i get home and let u know if nobody else does beforehand.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Em's seafood paella (adapted from a Nigella recipe) -

500g seafood (I use Waitrose frozen fruits de mer)
250g frozen peas
1 tin chopped toms
1 red pepper, diced
1 red onion, diced
500g Bomba paella rice
1 litre fish stock
Pinch of saffron
2 large glasses of white wine
Juice of one lemon
One clove garlic

Heat one-two tablespoons of olive oil in a paella dish (or wok or large pan). Personally I prefer using a clay paella dish as it spreads the ingredients out and gives a nicer, even cook.
Fry the onion until just soft and add the garlic. Fry for a minute and add the pepper, frying for another minute. The add the seafood (if frozen, make sure you defrost so it doesn't go soggy/watery).
After about 3 minutes add the rice and mix well. Coating as you would do with a risotto. Add all the other ingredients and stir well.
Bring to the boil then cover and leave to simmer for 20 minutes. Do not disturb the paella now, so make sure it's not on too high or will will burn at the bottom.
Serve in small bowls and garnish with a wedge of lemon which must be squeezed over the serving.

Delish!