Our sister sites
Our sister sites
caro0501
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-04-2005, 10:11 AM

Harriet Potter - Staffy/terrier X

Posted with permission

East Galway Animal Rescue are looking to find a home for a beautiful Staffy cross puppy. Preference would be given to people who have experience of staffies/bull breeds.

East Galway Animal Rescue does have a very strict rehoming policy. Dogs will NOT be rehomed to anyone with children under 7 yrs of age. Homes will be thoroughly vetted prior to adoption. A follow up home visit will be carried out approximately 6 months. Adoption contract will have to be signed and a donation payable to the rescue. Vaccination and worming is up to date, and full history will be passed on. Harriet is too young to be neutered, therefore a neutering clause will be written into the contract.

Harriet is in Ireland but can travel for the right home. I am travelling to the UK at the beginning of May, so if a home is sorted and succesfully homechecked by then transport will be easily arranged.

Harriet is a pure miracle, and really shouldn't still be with us on this earth. I fostered her at 3/4 weeks of age, when despite the advice of two seperate vets EGAR & I vowed to do all we could to keep this girl alive. She came to me because if she was to have any chance of survival she would require 24/7 care and I was in a better position to give her the individual attention she needed. At the time she was emaciated beyond recognition, dehydrated to the point of death. She had infected wounds on her face which were affecting her eyes, nasal passages and lungs, and on top of all this she had a stomach the size of a football from a severe roundworm infection. My own vet upon seeing her condition told me in no uncertain terms that euthanasia was her best option....so that made it three vets who had advised her destruction.

Roundworm belly

Well Harriet luckily didn't take any notice of the vets, and day by day she picked up a little...and the first time she raised her head to acknowledge my presence was a time for tears of joy, only surpassed by the tears of relief, happiness and joy when she first wagged her tail :wub:

Now she's a real bonny bouncer with an incredible zest for life :wub: :wub:

She has been raised in my home with 4 other dogs (3 jrts & 1 sprollie) and will play all day with her canine buddies if we let her.

She is fully vaccinated up to date...and the last worm count done on her faeces showed she is clear of the nasty wriggly things. Her worming is upto date, and she was last done with Drontal Plus.

When Harriet arrived at EGAR the vet gave an age guestimate of 4 weeks old (I thought she might be younger though - so hard to tell when she was in such a terrible state)...this would make her *approximately* 18 weeks old now.

Harriet is a wonderful little girl...very affectionate and loving, and she deserves a really lovely home :wub:

Please pm for further details. Do not try to e mail rescue, as not online/phone at present.

Would like to add that Tiffi (mum) will be looking for her forever home, once she has been speyed. Please pm for more details.
Tiffi
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-04-2005, 12:49 PM
Best of luck with the rehome, hope she finds her forever home very soon.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2005, 01:29 PM
HI JRM
Nice to see you here

Just wanted to say to anyone interested that Caro has done a fantastic job bringing up Harriet ready for rehoming and Harriet is a beautiful special little girl
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Oh I hope she finds a lovely forever home. You must be heartbroken to have to let her go

Keep us updated, won't you?

Becs
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2005, 04:18 PM
she looks fantastic and would have her in aheartbeat if Bruno was friendly

hpope she gets a loving hom soon !!
dani
caro0501
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-04-2005, 09:14 AM
Congratulations to Roxy...hopefully Harriet's new mum, subject to a successful homecheck :smt041
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2005, 09:23 AM
really????
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

22-04-2005, 09:36 AM
Caroline didnt want to say anything til after the HC!!! Bit superstitious!
Annestaff
Supervisor

22-04-2005, 09:40 AM
You'll be fine Roxy, you'll pass with flying colours
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2005, 09:44 AM
WOW Roxy! Everything will be fine!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >