Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
PennyH
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2011, 05:14 PM

Extending ball thrower

Whilst at Crufts, I found a stall selling all sorts of things but it was really, really busy. Having queued up to just get into the stall, I had a mooch round and found an extendable ball thrower, with a ball that it said was almost indestructible. It was priced at £7.95 and would have been perfect for me.
However, as I had already queued just to get into the stall.
Then I had to queue to ask someone the price, thinking I could pay (I even had the cash out in my hand!) but he re-directed me to the till where the queue was right round the inside of the stall and snaking outside as well. I stupidly put the chucker back on the shelf, and planned to go back later when it got quieter and buy it.
Of course, I couldn't find the stall again!!! (Stupid of me not to make a note I know, but I was having such a great time )
I have searched on line since getting home but have only found similar items with an ordinary tennis ball.
Did anyone by any chance see them at Crufts or know who sells them? It would be brilliant if anyone could help!
Thank you.
xx
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Right.... looked long and hard.

When I was at the world dog games, I found these things. I actually got one free as I spent so much on other toys.
Is this what you mean....

Just a word of caution about the Ball....the one that came with it is smaller than a tennis ball. I was not happy with my collies playing with it. Although it is light, it fly's well, especially in the launcher.

http://www.triplecrowndogs.com/produ.../FarFlung.html

Uk
http://www.groomers-online.com/produ...rown-far-flung

It does appear that they do Larger Balls, but I am not sure they will fit in the launcher, or if they do 2 sizes.
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Have a look for something called "serve n sling" that does tennis balls.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Ohh...Kong do one that carries the Large Tennis balls....may have to have a look at that. I do not really have dogs that I allow 'normal' tennis balls! Kong Rocket.
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Ohh...Kong do one that carries the Large Tennis balls....may have to have a look at that. I do not really have dogs that I allow 'normal' tennis balls! Kong Rocket.
ohh they look good, might have to get one of them. Not seen them in any shops
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Off to the wholesallers tomorrow would you like me to have a look for you all. Just not sure what I'm looking for lol
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 07:52 AM
I have an extendable ball thrower that came with a very solid ball. It was the size of a tennis ball and had the same covering as a tennis ball, but it was much more solid.

I don't know whether the ball was undestrictable or not as we lost the ball quite quickly.

have to say that I prefer the normal ball slinger. The extendable one is actually quite heavy (and doesn't fit that easily into a pocket, so defeats the purpose of it a bit) and not as 'whippy' as my normal one, so I always ended up getting the projectory wrong and throwing the ball straight at the ground

ETA this is like the one I have, though it doen't mention the ball being indestructable. You can't really tell by the look of the ball though, as I say, mine looked just like a normal tennis ball, but was much more solid (and much heavier).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alphasource-.../dp/B002D2Y3HO
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I have an extendable ball thrower that came with a very solid ball. It was the size of a tennis ball and had the same covering as a tennis ball, but it was much more solid.

I don't know whether the ball was undestrictable or not as we lost the ball quite quickly.

have to say that I prefer the normal ball slinger. The extendable one is actually quite heavy (and doesn't fit that easily into a pocket, so defeats the purpose of it a bit) and not as 'whippy' as my normal one, so I always ended up getting the projectory wrong and throwing the ball straight at the ground

ETA this is like the one I have, though it doen't mention the ball being indestructable. You can't really tell by the look of the ball though, as I say, mine looked just like a normal tennis ball, but was much more solid (and much heavier).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alphasource-.../dp/B002D2Y3HO
I also have this one but don't use it much now i just brought one of the mini ball launchers and that is perfect for me. I've also used it with a rubber ball which i brought and it works fine as Ted breaks tennis balls very quickly
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 09:01 AM
The one I posted the link to is actually very light, but I found it really hard to get the Ball in place, so I gave up after 1 or 2 attempt!