Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2010, 06:32 PM

Prefix/Affix?

What is your prefix/affix and how did you come up with it?
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Mine is MARZUKU which is Swahili for Blessed, I just looked for African names and their meanings. It wasn't my first choice but I now prefer it.
Findley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Mine is Hamiltonhill as my late husband is Scottish and they gave you surnames for middle names and his were Hamilton and Hill. What I did not realise that when you name your pups you have to include your affix and you can only have 24 letters. Hamiltonhill is 12. But I am still proud of it.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2010, 09:49 PM
I got mine recently. It's MILAGRE, which is Portuguese for miracle. I wanted an affix that meant something, and my dogs are all miracles.
cornishmals
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Well my OH is very patriotic - to the Cornish - and as we have Alaskan Malamutes and Canadian Eskimo Dogs many of the Snow type affix's were taken.So we have 'Cornish snow dogs' in Cornish - Kernowerghki.As mentioned limits our name choices if we ever have a litter.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 02:59 AM
I'm not sure what this means...?
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 08:01 AM
It's a kennel name which is in the name of registered dogs bred by that particular person.

My dogs are Marzuku Mapenzi, Marzuku Mwara, Marzuku Mshinda and Marzuku Mzuri.

You have to apply for the name from the Kennel Club, if no-one else has that name registered you will go on the records as being the holder of that name, there is a fee involved and an annual fee thereafter to protect your name.

You can also apply it to any dogs you buy from someone else but it would go at the the end, ie from Marzuku or at Marzuku.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 08:19 AM
Ours is Lukoi and is from my fave writer, in her books its what the werewolves call them selves. My dogs (except Cassie) are named after werewolves so i have a bit of a theme going on
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Mine is Tawnymeade

Made up from names of drinks as my name is Sheree, my first English setter was Harvey, then we had Bailey and Remy, etc...I don't hardly drink...honest

I've had my affix for getting on 20 years now, I no longer breed but still want to keep it going and will add it to any dogs I buy in the future
denbully
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-06-2010, 10:20 AM
mine is Delarhia i was going to go with denbully my name and bully for the bullmastiffs but when i had to come up with 5 others me and my dad sat down and made some up so dad actually came up with this one

de- denise (me)
le- leigh-ann (eldest daughter)
rhia- rhiannon (youngest daughter)
i like it because it included the kids since the kids show the dogs as well
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >