Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-02-2008, 08:39 PM

anyone got sky broadband

Between my sky tv, bt phone and bt internet payment I am spending a small fortune every month
Have just seen an offer from sky, tv, internet and phone calls for a third of the price I'm paying now.
I just want to know if anyone has this package and is it any good!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-02-2008, 08:42 PM
We have the sky and BB.
Keep meaning to include the phone, i know my sis has it and hasn't had any problems.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2008, 12:49 PM
We had sky tv, Bt phone and BT broadband just like you.
We switched the broadband to sky for £5 a month.
You can have it free, £5 or £10 a month depending on speed and downloads. They can check your line and the £5 speed was the fastest we could have.

Not had any problems except for BT claiming all sorts of stuff when I rang them to cancel the broadband... 'Sky were on Watchdog you know?' ....They also carried on taking the direct debit after I'd cancelled and I only found out when I checked my bank account.
Then had to e-mail and ring and ring before I finally got through to someone who said I had to request my money back or they keep it!..... oh, and they couldn't put it back into my account, I had to have a cheque, as they didn't have my bank details... the same account they'd been taking the money from.

So been with Sky broadband since August and very happy.
Haven't done the phone as can't be arsed as never ring anyone lol.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2008, 02:33 PM
My son was thinking of changing last week but after reading some of the reviews it seems not so good. I think the problem being if you have problems you can be offline for quite a while before it's sorted. The review scores were 3 out of 10. I think my son has changed his mind and not going with sky now.
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-02-2008, 09:58 AM
We've been with them for almost a year and have been very happy. We get 16mb broadband, 4-mix TV package and free calls to 01 and 02 numbers and so far Sky have been the only company that I haven't been on the phone to on a regular basis to complain. Their broadband service is excellent. Our last provider would disconnect us for no reason even though the bill was up to date
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2008, 05:48 PM
We are thinking of going with Sky for broadband too.

BT were devious last week, rang me up and said (all in one-breath) they would give a £3 a month discount as long as I signed up for another 12mths right away, is that okay? I said No!

There are much better deals than BT at the moment!
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-02-2008, 11:25 PM
I have just spoken to a girl at work with sky broadband and she hasn't had any problems, so I think I am going to take the plunge and change to them.
I'll be saving about £55 a month if all goes well!.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2008, 12:38 AM
We changed from Virgin Media and have been very happy since,we have the whole package,xxxxxxxxx