Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2006, 01:14 PM

Day 3 of my Paul McKenna plan

Well, it's now day 3 of my "weightloss programme" and I can honestly say, hand on heart, that I haven't cheated and followed Paul's instructions to the letter:

* I will eat whenever I'm hungry no matter how I feel about it
* eat anything you want any time you are hungry, providing you take the
time to really, really enjoy eating it.
* eat consciously and enjoy every mouthful
* stop when you think you are full

Sounds easy? Is easy and I have noticed a difference in myself already (haven't weighed myself yet though). Feel more awake, more energy and generally less sluggish

Are any of you lot trying it too?
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2006, 01:34 PM
Good luck Minky, I will be interested to see how you do, so make sure you keep updating this thread

I think PM is so good, I've seen him on tv curing people of phobias and so on really fast. He uses NLP which apparently is about - oh no, I've forgotten but to do with programming how one thinks, and it's based on research done on people who have done well personally and are happy and fulfilled to see what their methods are.

I expect you knew that so I'll shut up

I've lost weight when I stop thinking about dieting, and just listen to what i really want... I'm sure it works!!

Good luck!
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg
Good luck Minky, I will be interested to see how you do, so make sure you keep updating this thread

I think PM is so good, I've seen him on tv curing people of phobias and so on really fast. He uses NLP which apparently is about - oh no, I've forgotten but to do with programming how one thinks, and it's based on research done on people who have done well personally and are happy and fulfilled to see what their methods are.

I expect you knew that so I'll shut up

I've lost weight when I stop thinking about dieting, and just listen to what i really want... I'm sure it works!!

Good luck!
Thanks W! I hadn't realised it was NLP. I will have to read up on that. I've just got another one of his cd's called "I can change your life in 7" or something like that. Will see what it's like when it arrives. Hopefully it will help with other issues a I have about myself Here's hoping!!
deester
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-01-2006, 02:06 PM
I missed the programme, have read his book that sounds similar... his advise seems to make sense, but i didn't try it. I'm calorie counting, less calories more exersise should surely do the trick.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2006, 02:19 PM
I had a great Rosemary Conley book which stated the exact number of calories a person could consume and still lose weight - I was very thrilled to see that mine was 1585. I did keep to it for ages and lost some weight, but found I was a bit norty and ate too many chocolates and treats!

Overall i've lost nearly a stone over the last year, with sort of combined methods - the one i like best is the Holford diet, as he is also, kind of, combining the PM ideas of eating and listening to what you want, and GI ... but, he is the founder of the Optimum Nutrition research and has been involved in checking out health for years.

So he's kind of an original, but very quiet about it really
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2006, 12:30 PM
Hi Minky, I'm doing it too and have lost 2.5 kilos although I cheated by looking at the scales, know that we aren't suppose to look for another 2 weeks

My OH says its an old formula that was taught at his boarding school in DK and it does work - he always told me I ate too fast

The interesting thing I am finding about it is that it is changing my eating habits for the good - he says eat whatever you like when you are hungry without distraction and chew it slowly and many times so I have been...and now I have stopped eating...

Mincemeat
Sausages
White bread
Just about every meat.

In fact my OH and I are borderline vegetarian now (we eat tuna) All the chewing has let to tasting some really nasty things once the added flavours have been ground up.

It's very clever, by paying attention to what I am eating I have really tasted the real products and have managed to realise what is actually tasty.

The hardest part is working out when I'm actually full so like PMc said guess, so I do, and always leave something on my plate.

We made a gorgeous tuna steak and fresh salsa made with beetroot, avocado, pinenuts, salad beans and basil on a bed of freshly crushed baby potatoes seasoned with cracked pepper and a drizzle of olive oil - was in heaven

Yay!!!!
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Excellent MC! Keep up the good work- i'm hoping to be as good as you xx
silv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-01-2006, 04:41 PM
You are doing well
I have not seen the program yet....keep missing it!
Can you fill me in on what to do from the start plllleeeeease
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2006, 05:03 PM
It's on tomorrow at 9pm

Firstly record your weight (this will be the only time you are allowed to weigh yourself for 3 weeks).

The Rules

1. Eat what you like - seriously what ever you like, you should eat

2. Eat only when you are hungry (you can test whether you are hungry or thirsty by having a glass of water every time you feel hungry, if you still feel hungry then eat).

3. Do not eat in front of the tv - eat with no distractions so you can concentrate on what you have in front of you.

4. Eat slowly - so slowly that the food gets cold on your plate

5.You must put your fork and knife down inbetween bites so you aren't tempted to shovel another bite in when you haven't finished chewing.

5. Chew each mouthful at least 20 times as it reveals different flavours.

- Always leave some food left over on your plate, he wants us to do this with every meal.

6. Do not drink alcohol with your food

7. Do not allow your stomach to rumble, you must eat when you feel hungry

8. Do not allow your stomach to get bloated - stay in a comfortable level of fullness, if you aren't sure, guess.

9. Remember back to a weight where you felt really good about yourself, every day bring this memory into your mind and make yourself feel how good it felt to be this weight.

(The reason behind eating what you like is to remove negative association with food. The chewing 20 times or more breaks food down making it easier to digest - and also brings out the true flavour of the food that I've ended up eliminating foods I though were nice out of my intake which is great as it's revealed the true identity of some of the rubbish food )

That's what I can remember so far - Minky will fill in any gaps I'm sure

P.S. I've found it keeps the body regular, (but then we are eating more vegetables than meat since discovering chewing mince and sausages 20 times per bite made for unpleasant tasting!)

And it is important to ensure you are free from distraction - I swear the amount of time it takes to train your mind to put the knife and fork down between bites is challenging
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2006, 01:07 PM
UPDATE

I know I'm not supposed to weigh myself for another 2 weeks but I took a norty sneeky peek this morning. 5LBS OFF!!!! Wooooooohooooooooo

Well done MC, you've got Pauls tips in a nutshell!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >