View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Are these any good? I wasn't sure, but wondered what people thought, may be good for you too Maple Cottage.

puppy grooming
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 12:09 PM
Dont know if this will help, but many brushes meant for horses are brill on puppies and dogs.
You can get them in all shapes, sizes and some are very soft (used to horses head). They might be a good way to teach your puppy that it isn't painful to be groomed?
The prices are very low, so you could get one or a few to start out with, get him used to it and save up for the expensive brush? They are cheap enough that you can just throw it out when you dont want it anymore
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Since my two were grown enough I have used a slicker and a rake on them...The slicker is best for Keena's shorter coat and the rake works a treat on Kody's long coat...I would use a nice soft brush of any kind at first while the puppy is delicate and small and getting used to being brushed
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie
Are these any good? I wasn't sure, but wondered what people thought, may be good for you too Maple Cottage.

puppy grooming
Thanks Lottie, I've stumbled across these ones before but have decided to look at other options in the meantime.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by amts
Dont know if this will help, but many brushes meant for horses are brill on puppies and dogs.
You can get them in all shapes, sizes and some are very soft (used to horses head). They might be a good way to teach your puppy that it isn't painful to be groomed?
The prices are very low, so you could get one or a few to start out with, get him used to it and save up for the expensive brush? They are cheap enough that you can just throw it out when you dont want it anymore
Will look into this AM, good suggestion thanks!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 03:37 PM
For a very small, young pup I use a baby brush that I bought at boots. It does nothing realy for the coat but the pup likes it and it gets it used to you stroking it with something other than your hand, in the same way I touch all round the foot with the nail clippers before using them in earnest.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2005, 10:32 AM
Hi Thordell thanks for this

We went to our local pet store yesterday but thought the dual brush was too hard for a puppy to ever consider enjoying grooming.

So I bought a cat brush - it's slightly softer, and will use until he gets a bit older then we'll move to something a bit more solid and reliable.

Thanks for everyones help.
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2005, 07:46 PM
i must admit i use horse brushes on my dogs and a safari brush .. still have my grooming kit from my pony , horse ones are cheaper too
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2