Originally Posted by Minihaha
Hi MC here is a link to a site with all the shows listed

shows

Brilliant, thank you Mini!!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-06-2005, 08:04 AM
MS while I do not know them personally and would hesitate to recommend anyone without doing so, the sponsors of this link above that I gave you have a kennel not far from me and have a good reputation as far as I know.A brows through their site shows they are very thorough have you looked at them
http://www.videxgsd.com/gsdclubs.htm
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2005, 08:13 AM
Which part of the UK are u in Maplecottage?

I've just checked out the Kennel Club Puppy Sales Register for you and they have quite a few litters on there. When you get to the Home Page click on 'Dog Register' you'll have to register your email and set up a password to enter the Puppy Sales Register mind.

http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/

Hope everything goes well with the dam and you get your puppy
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2005, 08:17 AM
Thanks Mini - I did check out the link and were very tempted - saw a gayville litter on there which I'm a fan of but they're ready now...and not sure if you saw photos of our garden shed...not the most riveting read I confess but it's just not ready... d*mn it!

But you're right great link - and I think I'll watch it over the next month to see if any litters are planned, perhaps then we can make our next move.

Appreciate the help.

xi
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2005, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by Staffy
Which part of the UK are u in Maplecottage?

I've just checked out the Kennel Club Puppy Sales Register for you and they have quite a few litters on there. When you get to the Home Page click on 'Dog Register' you'll have to register your email and set up a password to enter the Puppy Sales Register mind.

http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/

Hope everything goes well with the dam and you get your puppy
Hi ya, I've checked it too but no one is anywhere near us - of course we wouldn't hesitate to travel but neither of us have UK based licences so we have to consider how to get the puppy home...so it needs to be as local as possible... I'll keep an eye on the link though as something might crop up.

Thank you
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2005, 08:24 AM
Finger's crossed for you MC
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-06-2005, 08:40 AM
If you have that 'good feeling' about this breeder and her dogs does she not have another bitch from her lines that she will be breeding in the future? I am not one to lightly dismiss the 'feeling' that you get when you see a good dog. Have you considered contacting owners of other breeding bitches/stud dogs that she has placed? If the current bitch does not produce then this breeder would probably not object to you making enquiries with other breeders who use her lines.

Hoping, of course, that this particular bitch catches and has an uneventful pregnancy and whelping
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2005, 09:08 AM
MC I know what you mean about the 'feeling', and I agree with SB.

When I was looking for Archie I spoke to so many breeders, when I found the number for Archie's breeder I just felt it was right, more so when I saw the dam and pups... the day I went to bring Archie home she brought him to the kitchen for me and put him on the floor. I've never seen such a small puppy run so fast, he jumped in my lap and kissed and nibbled my face. It was like it was meant to be!

If I were you, I'd wait it out with this breeder and see what happens, like SB says she may have another bitch she wants to mate soon. Go with your instinct on this one!! Good luck.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2005, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
If you have that 'good feeling' about this breeder and her dogs does she not have another bitch from her lines that she will be breeding in the future? I am not one to lightly dismiss the 'feeling' that you get when you see a good dog. Have you considered contacting owners of other breeding bitches/stud dogs that she has placed? If the current bitch does not produce then this breeder would probably not object to you making enquiries with other breeders who use her lines.

Hoping, of course, that this particular bitch catches and has an uneventful pregnancy and whelping
Absolutely, we think she might mate her litter choice puppy - which is the one my husband fell in love with so I think that if it goes badly then we might have the litter choice puppy to wait upon for mating

Good suggestion SB!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >