View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2005, 11:17 AM

Lotties really ill....possible blockage (plus update)

Well a few days ago dougal started coughing and we sure he had kennel cough now he is all better, then Rosie got it and still is coughing a little bit. We found out they had been in contact with two dogs who had got the infection (obviously we and the owners didn’t know at the time)

Anyway we think Lottie caught it but she was much worst that the other, she had been constantly sick for three days now (started off white and slimy and ended up dark orange) and she hasn’t eaten since Sunday night. When my dad got up to go to the bathroom this morning my mom got up to check on Lottie and she had been sick twice in the night and was breathing really fast, she was also really cold.

We took her straight to the vets when they were open and he examined her and thought she was really quite and he asked if she might have eaten something, but the worrying thing sorry to sound disgusting but her sick and her breath smells just like our old wheaten did when she has kidney disease (its sometimes know in wheatens) and she was due to be tested and hip scored in the next few weeks.

Anyway they have kept her is and she is on a drip and she is going to be blood tested and x-rayed to see if the can find a blockage or anything and to she if they can find out what is wrong with her, Im really worried and i dont know what to do.

sarah xxxxx
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2005, 11:21 AM
hun dont worry...am having to take china in today as well...suspected blockage...they will do their best...

Alex
xx
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2005, 11:22 AM
I do hope both dogs recovery very soon!
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2005, 11:23 AM
Sorry to hear that Sarah Even though its impossible, try not to worry too much and we´ll keep our fingers crossed for you ok
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2005, 11:24 AM
thanks so do i...i wish i could be with her and not at work pretending to be busy....
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by amts
Sorry to hear that Sarah Even though its impossible, try not to worry too much and we´ll keep our fingers crossed for you ok
Thank you amts and thank you miss potter. Lol at china we are both having a coversation in two different threads!

Fingers and toes crossed for china

sarah x
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2005, 11:35 AM
thank you..(this could become too confusing!!!!)
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-11-2005, 11:37 AM
Sarah I am so sorry to learn about Lottie ..once dogs are with the vet and on a drip they often pick up really fast. A little honey disolved in warm water is really soothing to a dog with kennel cough, it also keeps their blood sugar up when they are to ill to eat. Fingers crossed for Lottie, will be thinking about you so please keep us informed
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Sarah I am so sorry to learn about Lottie ..once dogs are with the vet and on a drip they often pick up really fast. A little honey disolved in warm water is really soothing to a dog with kennel cough, it also keeps their blood sugar up when they are to ill to eat. Fingers crossed for Lottie, will be thinking about you so please keep us informed
Thanks mini, yes we gave rosie a litte bit of honey and she didnt like the taste of it at all!! but it stoped her coughing for quite a while. I think one thing that has added to lotties problem is the fact that if she ever feels a little bit ill she will completely not eat for a few days where as rosie will carry on eating just like normal! So i think that lottie didnt have much energy to fight what evers wrong with her because she has nothing in her stomach since sunday.

I will certainly post when i hear something, they said they would ring about lunch time and say what was going on.

I feel a little bit better now and nice quite so worried. But the puppies are kinda like my first dogs cause yes we have had two before but i was too young to train them or anything but with the pups i have done all their training and everything so i have really really bonded with them if you know what i mean. Anyway thanks again for making me less worried.

sarah xxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Do hope Lottie is ok.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »