Female 

24-03-2007, 12:48 PM

rat poison found in recalled pet food.

(http://www.wmur.com/news/11346835/de...ts=T&tmi=man_n
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Unbelievable isn't it!!!! It's only in America though from what I can gather???

It just makes me wonder even more now whether I ought to start cooking fresh food for my dogs! I have the time nowadays, so I think that's the way I'm going to go now once I've used my kibble bags. It's very frightening

I've been cooking for the past couple of days anyway coz one of mine has had the squits, and it's stopped now that she's on chicken and mashed potato, so I think I'll continue with that, for her at least.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-03-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Unbelievable isn't it!!!! It's only in America though from what I can gather???

It just makes me wonder even more now whether I ought to start cooking fresh food for my dogs! I have the time nowadays, so I think that's the way I'm going to go now once I've used my kibble bags. It's very frightening

I've been cooking for the past couple of days anyway coz one of mine has had the squits, and it's stopped now that she's on chicken and mashed potato, so I think I'll continue with that, for her at least.
That is quite frightening like you say though H only seems to be America.Don't think you can go far wrong cooking for your two at least you know what they are getting and if you have the time.
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2007, 01:13 PM
I have already started to feed home cooked chicken to Oscar, although I do still give kibble for the other meal. Like has been said, at least I know the source etc.
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-03-2007, 01:15 PM
The vets, who are presumably impartial, seem to think this attributed cause is unlikely.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2007, 01:27 PM
its frightening to think that if it can happen in america one of the biggest countries in the world with its pampers posh pets demanding better pet food,then it can happen anywere,im glad i dont use any of the food on this list,my sister lives in kansas and has switched all her dogs al 8 of them to raw food at least she knows what goes in,and whats likely to come out