Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 07:51 PM

Cassie's new lead

Well folks, we have found a cracking new lead for our little madame who still likes to pull when she gets excited. I saw it on the coverage of Crufts last week and it's one of those bungee leads. Now, I know what you're thinking but it isn't like the kind of rope you do a bungee jump with and the dog doesn't come flying back if it pulls.
It has just enough give in it to take the strain from you if the dog pulls and to make pulling pointless for the dog. To be honest the whole concept makes perfect sense when you think about it.
Anyway, they do them from single strand to 4 strand depending on the weight of the dog. We got a 2 strand one for Cassie. It's a lovely looking lead as well with a good solid clip on it. They're meant to be used with a harness by the way.
Well, 3 days in and what a difference it makes. She still pulls a bit if she's really excited but the majority of the time she's absolutely brilliant. The change has knackered her as well, must be messing with her head as she's taking herself off to bed early on a night LOL
The only thing you have to watch is because it does extend, you need to be wary of how far you are from the road and keep the dog a bit closer than normal.
Cracking value at £10.00 and really seems to be doing the trick. Much easier on the arms as well as it acts like a shock absorber for both you and the dog.
It certainly is no replacement for consistent training but boy is it a help!
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 08:10 PM
I have seen those leads advertised and wondered about them too. Glad you are finding it useful. Every little helps doesn't it?
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by maebme View Post
I have seen those leads advertised and wondered about them too. Glad you are finding it useful. Every little helps doesn't it?
They've been used in the states for some time the web site we got it from is apparently the only Uk distributor.
Every little bit certainly does help. She can be such a stubborn little moo!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Bet she doesn't like it it doesn't have the Prada label at that price does it!!!! No wonder she's taken to her bed in disgust! Lol! That dog has me in stitches!!!!!

No, it sounds more like the sensible option Jackie, and I hope she gets used to it without having to tire herself out like that! Bless!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 08:59 PM
whats the website for it??

i saw them advertise on crufts
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Bet she doesn't like it it doesn't have the Prada label at that price does it!!!! No wonder she's taken to her bed in disgust! Lol! That dog has me in stitches!!!!!

No, it sounds more like the sensible option Jackie, and I hope she gets used to it without having to tire herself out like that! Bless!
LOL, may not be Prada but it's pretty flash! Never a dull moment with our Cassie She's back in bed again LOL
It messes with her head.

Originally Posted by suze View Post
whats the website for it??

i saw them advertise on crufts
dog-games.co.uk

Easy to order from them too.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-03-2007, 10:57 PM
Ive got one of those leads Think it is the one with 4 strands. Its good for the lunges my two do if they see something interesting
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
Ive got one of those leads Think it is the one with 4 strands. Its good for the lunges my two do if they see something interesting
Do they really help with lunging then, with a larger dog?
Teagan is getting better on her lead, but when she lunges - I go flying!
I saw them advertised a couple of months back
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-03-2007, 11:11 PM
It does help in that if they lunge at something the lead pulls them back again. The only thing is the bigger the lunge the more they spring back at you
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 07:47 AM
They act as a shock absorber don't they so at lease your arm isn't pulled out of the socket.

Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Do they really help with lunging then, with a larger dog?
Teagan is getting better on her lead, but when she lunges - I go flying!
I saw them advertised a couple of months back
I certainly think it's worth a try, especially as they're not overly expensive.

It does help in that if they lunge at something the lead pulls them back again. The only thing is the bigger the lunge the more they spring back at you
They do take a bit of getting used to and I imagine with a big dog even more so.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >