View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2007, 07:16 AM
I'm a hibernator! My body says sleep when it's dark and get up when it's light which is why in the summer I can get up really early and go to bed late without too many ill effects but in winter I have to go against the grain because you're not considered normal if you go to bed at 4.30pm!
Becky
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-09-2007, 07:43 AM
Hi everyone, hope you are feeling ok.

I had another bad night, went about 11ish woke up felt great, refreshed etc checked the time 12.30! so tried to get back off, no good, so I got up and went on a ride around where I live, came back about 3.00 tried to get off again no good, so I'm sitting here very tired, wanting to sleep but can't.

I started to feel depressed again last night, however every time I felt down I just remembered what my carer had said and that cheered me up a lot.

Ian
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2007, 07:48 AM
It will take time for the tablets to work, takes about 2 - 3 weeks just don't give up. I nearly did but so glad I carried them on.
I was the same as you, had trouble sleeping. Once your tablets are working you can try what I now do and use Nytol, find they work wonders and I don't get so tired during the day, much more relaxed.
Becky
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-09-2007, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
It will take time for the tablets to work, takes about 2 - 3 weeks just don't give up. I nearly did but so glad I carried them on.
I was the same as you, had trouble sleeping. Once your tablets are working you can try what I now do and use Nytol, find they work wonders and I don't get so tired during the day, much more relaxed.
Becky
Hi Becky,

Yes I know that it will take a while, the doctor told me between 3 and 6 weeks. I usually sleep ok, it has just been the last 3/4 days. I'll get there.

I have tried Nytol in the past, a few years ago, they are good but I found the next day I was no good.

Ian
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2007, 08:26 AM
Just something worth considering. I find the Prozac makes my mind work but no stop so I can't sleep properly, taking the Nytol helps my brain relax at night and seems to have a good effect the next day!
Becky
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2007, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by AliceandDogs View Post
There's a thing I read about, that certain types of depression are related to sunlight, and so once the darker nights come in it can get bad. I can't remember what the type of depression was called, but you can get a special lamp.
I think what you're on about is called S.A.D, Seasonal Affective Disorder, but I'm not sure if that is what is wrong with me, I just love the winter, I love being able to pull the curtain about 5pm and close the world out, and the frosty mornings, the mist and all that, it's the summers I hate

Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I'm a hibernator! My body says sleep when it's dark and get up when it's light which is why in the summer I can get up really early and go to bed late without too many ill effects but in winter I have to go against the grain because you're not considered normal if you go to bed at 4.30pm!
Becky
What's NORMAL Becky what's to say that what you do isant 'normal' just because a lot of other people don't do it, doesnt make it abnormal, it's totaly normal for you

Anyway, pretty bad morning for me so far, feeling like sh1t, really low, seems to have carried on from last night, might just go out again today, but I can't keep escaping my demons, I must face up to them, oh i don't know what to do.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-09-2007, 08:52 AM
Hi,
I might try that Becky, cause that is part of my problem my brain just won't switch off at all, never has done. I often wake up thinking of stupid problems, like for example years ago I woke up pondering on this - if the world is spinning in one direction and a aeroplane is flying in the opposite direction it will get there quicker, won't it? And that was in the middle of the night about 3 - 4 in the morning. So I defiantly need to switch off.

Ian
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2007, 10:15 AM
hi all its not a too bad a day for me ,lay awake again most of last night ,so got up and took skye and beau for a walk at about two this morning ,holding a flash light and two boxers aint easy lol,did not bring lady as she likes her sleep to much ,was doing ok till a badger crossed are path or should say till it ran straight threw my legs ahhhhhhh scared me to death to be honest and the girls were trying to chase it so ended upo going ass over tit so to speak landing on my bum , so feeling a bit bruised and silly ,trust me to go for a walk in the fields at two in the morning but all in all my demons are still on there hols well for today anyway ,im just keeping busy and keeping my little demons out of my head .
Hope you are all doing ok xxxdk
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2007, 11:55 AM
hi everyone,im not in good form today so il post later and then let you know how im doing,thanks for all replies and im glad were not all to too bad.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2007, 04:24 PM
not had a good day,broke down over my dad again,and really couldnt stop crying,told my oh ive got clinical depression brought on by my dads death,and not being able to greive for him,i pretended he was still in bham but i wouldnt go home cause i knew he werent there i couldnt bring myself to grieve for knowing hes gone if you get my meaning and the doctor did say it would come out eventually,and it seems to be now.and all this with tigger,and the aggro i had on dogsey by certain couple of ppl,but what comes around goes around,

also not last night the night before,i was in bed,and my daughter was on the computer,and i felt someone sit on the end of the bed,i waited a minute thinking it was one of the kids,then looked in the wardrobe mirror and no-one was there so i gave the quilt a litte tug and i felt though someone was sitting on the bed.strange.but its not the first time and it always seemd to be when im down,so im having a rotten day today,ive done the sunday dinner so im going to lie down for a hour now,see if i wake up feeling better.
Page 8 of 26 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »