Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Signed.
Goodo as long as you don't be goin' out there and shining high powered torches into (allegedly) inept gunslingers' eyes!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Goodo as long as you don't be goin' out there and shining high powered torches into (allegedly) inept gunslingers' eyes!
No allegedly about it Tang if they ever tried to cull badgers round my part of the country!! I'm all ready with my super whazzo shiny shiny torch
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
No allegedly about it Tang if they ever tried to cull badgers round my part of the country!! I'm all ready with my super whazzo shiny shiny torch
My 'allegedly' referred to the gunslingers not any saboteurs.

Bad enough pissing off an expert with a gun in his hands. Pissing off an allegedly inept one could be very dangerous. And I've no doubt if they managed to shoot and kill you 'by accident' they'd get off with it under the circumstance! How the hell can you see what you are aiming at with a bright light in your eyes. They could probably even claim 'panic trigger pulling'.

I can see it now ...

I swung round to see where this bright light was coming from and the gun just went off!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 11:30 AM
My 'allegedly' referred to the gunslingers not any saboteurs.

Bad enough pissing off an expert with a gun in his hands. Pissing off an allegedly inept one could be very dangerous. And I've no doubt if they managed to shoot and kill you 'by accident' they'd get off with it under the circumstance! How the hell can you see what you are aiming at with a bright light in your eyes. They could probably even claim 'panic trigger pulling'.

I can see it now ...

I swung round to see where this bright light was coming from and the gun just went off!

Bloody GREAT publicity though for the anti cull-ites!!

The whole point is that they cannot aim when a bright light is shone in their eyes. If you cannot aim, then you won't pull the trigger will you, however ept or inept you are!! Have you ever had a really powerful beam of light shone in your eyes in the dark? It is absolutely blinding - I would go so far as to say agony even. Your pupils are automatically dilated because of the dark, and then suddenly they are dazzled by a bright light. You are rendered blind literally for several seconds, if not longer. there is no way in a million years that anyone would be able to shoulder a gun under such circumstances, let alone take aim.

Obviously you need to get the timing right - you need your "sabs" well-organised and lined up ready to switch on the bright lights just before guns are raised. I am not talking about ordinary torches here, I am talking about search-light standard torches - we have one which is intensely bright.

Anyway, it is all fantasy for me as I cannot take part in any events in gloucs or somerset, but if they ever try to cull badgers around my village, then it will be a different story.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-06-2013, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
:
Obviously you need to get the timing right - you need your "sabs" well-organised and lined up ready to switch on the bright lights just before guns are raised. I am not talking about ordinary torches here, I am talking about search-light standard torches - we have one which is intensely bright.

A
And if you get it wrong

I would suspect those who are taking part in the cull will be doing so in the dark, down wind of the Badger, given that the badger has a much better sense of smell and awareness than any Saboteur, those culling will have to be aware of the need not to be sussed.

So given the quietness of the operation (to succeed) , you are seriously saying you will see the huntsman and do your deed, long before they get the chance to take aim

This has to be one of the stupidest (not to mention dangerous ) ideas anyone on this forum has ever come up with.

Shining a blinding light into a marksman eyes as he is about to take aim with a loaded gun.... is the ultimate madness...
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
And if you get it wrong

I would suspect those who are taking part in the cull will be doing so in the dark, down wind of the Badger, given that the badger has a much better sense of smell and awareness than any Saboteur, those culling will have to be aware of the need not to be sussed.

So given the quietness of the operation (to succeed) , you are seriously saying you will see the huntsman and do your deed, long before they get the chance to take aim

This has to be one of the stupidest (not to mention dangerous ) ideas anyone on this forum has ever come up with.

Shining a blinding light into a marksman eyes as he is about to take aim with a loaded gun.... is the ultimate madness...
Couldn't agree more. Totally irresponsible advice to OTHERS to get out there. Obviously Gnasher this cause is not so dear to your heart that you are going to travel there and perform the deed yourself.

In fact by inciting others to do this you are probably in breach of some law or other.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Couldn't agree more. Totally irresponsible advice to OTHERS to get out there. Obviously Gnasher this cause is not so dear to your heart that you are going to travel there and perform the deed yourself.

In fact by inciting others to do this you are probably in breach of some law or other.
Actually - not that it has anything to do with you - but I have a lot on my plate at the moment with terminal illness in my close family, plus a job which involves me in 2 hours travel a day and is very demanding. In addition to that I live several hours away from Gloucs and Somerset! Not sure how I would be able to get to milton keynes for 8.30 in the morning, leave work at 5.15, and then drive southwards for hours looking for madmen with guns!! Even I could not cope with such a strenuous timetable.

I don't care a tinker's cuss whether I am in breach of the law or not. I have said before IF badgers have to be culled around my back yard, I most certainly will be out there in all my glory doing my very best to prevent anyone shooting the local badgers. That is the best i can do. Sorry
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Thank you so very much to everyone who has signed and shared the petition x
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3