Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2006, 10:22 PM

Is it me?

Whenever I have to get up really early in the morning for something important - like catching a ferry or simply off to a dog show - WHY is it that I can't get to bed before 11.30?
The times when I have nothing planned the next day - I'm tucked up and asleep by 10!!!!!

Is it me, or are other afflicted???

Off to bed now - up at 5am!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2006, 10:30 PM
No I'm the same, only tonight they have a big party going on next door with DJ outside etc etc and i have to be up for work at 5am, but no point going to bed yet with that row going on.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2006, 10:35 PM
same here, if i have to get up by early to go to client site i always go to bed late, any other night and im asleep my about 10/11
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2006, 12:42 AM
Aww, i hope you sleep well at least

I am the same, if Iknow I have to get up for something then i just can't sleep
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2006, 02:08 AM
I am very badly afflicted take tonight for example - Summer Cup rat show in Olney tomorrow... am i in bed? I never get to bed - I just got used to the fact that prior to shows/ferries/anything i have to arrange myself for - i don't get sleep.

xx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2006, 05:14 AM
I think we all do that, in the fear that we don't wake in time!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2006, 05:59 AM
Yep - I'm the same folks - it's the worry that we won't wake in time. Take this morning - have to go and get ready at 7am as I need to wash my hair. Jackie and I are off out at 8am. So, last night, it was gone midnight before I fell asleep, and Mya kindly woke me 'cos she needed a pee at 0520......hmmmm - methinks a large snooze on the couch this afternoon is most definitely in order
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2006, 07:16 AM
im the same when i got to get up for the school run i stuggle when the alarm gos off at 7 but come the weekend when i can lye in im wide awake its worse to sleep when i no i got to get up early i alawys think im going to miss the alarm
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2006, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Zoundz
I am very badly afflicted take tonight for example - Summer Cup rat show in Olney tomorrow... am i in bed? I never get to bed - I just got used to the fact that prior to shows/ferries/anything i have to arrange myself for - i don't get sleep.

xx

Good luck Zounds

Nah same here Deccy LOl,Hope it goes well today x
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2006, 07:48 PM
The dogs, in that uncanny way that they know something is up, insisted that I got up half an hour earlier than I had planned - so we set off a bit earlier.
Got to Kilkenny 8.30, judging started 10.30 so plenty of time to chat and catch up before going in the ring. Judge made us run, a LOT! Plus the weather was awful, downpours, hail showers and in between in was pretty chilly .
Polly had inexplicably wet her bed (a sleeping bag on the bunk bed) about 10 gallons it seems, had her checked over, seems she will live, then I left to go to Waterford, about an hour away, to a good campsite with a laundry!
By the time I had eaten, walked the dogs, collected my now clean and dry sleeping bag, it was 9pm and as I couldn't get ANY channel working on my little TV I thought I would lie down for a bit..... woke up at midnight.
Took the dogs for a tiddle, went back to bed, was woken at 1am with a text message went back to sleep, woke up again at first light worrying about the time (needed to be showered and away by then the dogs got restless at 5.30 at which point I gave up and got out of my bed.
Did the Deise show (more running around) drove back 4 hours non-stop apart from a very quick pit stop, now I am TIRED but my sleep pattern is totally screwed up
Arghhhhh!