Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pxxuk
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2010, 05:02 PM

Dog Grooming Schools

Not sure if this should be here (as this is where the groomers on site would probably look in any case) or elsewhere...

Just wondering who trained where and what was it like? I am hoping to go to a Grooming Academy in the West Midlands next month to do my City & Guilds and I already work at a groomers so have learned some things already...
Windhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-05-2010, 11:23 PM
I was trained by Peter Young (Peters Posh Pets,West Kensington) who is one of the Founders of Eurogroom and a City & Guilds Assessor in 1983 (he is younger than me!) I came into grooming as I was taking voluntary redundancy from BT and they paid for the course. I showed my breed and enjoyed grooming them and felt that I would like to have complete career change. I was with Peter for 6 months and am still learning!! I have had my own business since 1984 and sometimes feel I should retire,but my clients keep coming back,the longest continous has been 17years,If you enjoy your work then carry on and achieve as much as you can,lots of luck
JaneM
New Member!
Female 

16-11-2010, 06:35 PM
hi Windhound,
i ve googled peter's posh pets, it is a grooming salon, not a school. is peter still teaching dog grooming?
Windhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-11-2010, 08:15 AM
Hello JaneM,no Peter does not run a school,but he has in the past taken students(such as myself) to train. He is at the moment in Hong Kong examining 6 students for their City & Guilds. It was decided to get Peter out there rather than them coming here,for their final exams. I see you live in Wokingham isn't there an Agricultural College near Maidenhead (cannot remember the name) which runs a Grooming course. Maybe you can find it,otherwise check with the Petcare Trust.Good luck
JaneM
New Member!
Female 

18-11-2010, 12:09 PM
hi Windhound,
thanks for replying.
I have checked the berkshire college of agriculture, but they don't run it until they have enough students, and it's once a wk. I have been on the waiting list for 2 months now, still haven't heard from them.
I am off to canine comforts in cheltenham to have a look this afternoon, it's a 16 wk course.
i hope it works out.