Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 08:38 PM

What breeds are the most loyal?

what breed do people think is the most loyal? ie. breeds that are soo focassed on you, dont like to leave you on a walk etc.
IMO it has to be the gsd, loyal devoted, trustworthy, mine in particular wont go out of my sight on a walk and are totally fixated on me in training and competitions. I see so many other breeds that get easily distracted in training and comps but i really dont have that trouble. and also people at agility training like to swap dogs- every other breed of dog manages it- some reluctantly but mine and any other gsds are impossible for anyone else to handle as they panic if taken too far way from me and run back to me as soon as let off lead!
my dogs are always at my side, no matter what mood im in or what im doing!
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 08:48 PM
I have had several breeds of dogs in my life . My latest is a miniature poodle and I can honestly say I have never had a dog more focused on me . She is not even that bothered about other dogs she just wants to be with me
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 08:53 PM
I think maybe it depends on the dog rather than the breed but i'd have said gsd's instantly spring to mind when loyalty is mentioned x
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 08:55 PM
My Jacks have always been like that, especially Tonto, but then he is Mummy's boy....... although we have always played a lot of hiding behind a tree when out on walks so they are on the sniff but contantly turning to see where I am.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 09:02 PM
I would say GSD, but Jess wasn't raised properly so if it was out of me and saying hello to another dog, the dog would win unfortunately

She is stupidly loyal in the fact that say my hubby (or someone else) is holding her, and I walk off, she will jump, lunge, winge and do almost anything to get to me
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 09:23 PM
I'd say alot of dogs are, I have had a SBT a very loyal boy who would of laid his life down for me and my kids, a JRT who was that best JRT I have ever had the pleasure to meet, she watched over the boys like they were her charges, and Border Collies, and never had a problem, all of mine have been focused on me, I don't have to look round for mine they keep us in thier sight, they are loyal trustworthy, faithful companions, mine won't go off with anyone else if they think that I am not going.
I really think it's the dog rather than the breed.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Out of all the breeds I have owned the most loyal I would say was my Rough collies and my doberman
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 09:49 PM
I have owned a number of breeds and I don't think it's down to breed I think it's down to the dog and the way that you raise it.

I would say that sometimes the loyalty of certain pastoral breeds can be down to a herding instinct

I definitely think this is a case of the individual dog, not breed though.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 08:37 AM
I think its down to the dog also.
My first jack was very loyal to the point where you only existed if I said you did.
Second one is more everyone can love me, as long as mummy doesn't leave - if she does, suddenly she's as loyal as the first
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 09:26 AM
I've had three breeds during my life, Yorkies, Bichons and Chihuahuas and I would say all three breeds are very loyal.

The most loyal dog I have ever owned is my Tiani. She really does live for me. She is in tune with my feelings, emotions. She's just a fab dog in every way. The others are all very much for me but with her, she won't even eat when I'm out, until I get home. Bit of a worry, in case I ever had to go in hospital or anything
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »