View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 04:48 AM
The fact that we can supply you with these documents enhance the sale of your puppies, and will also ensure that you keep the history of your breed. The majority of your customers love their dogs as a valued family pet, and not as a show specimen (except exemption shows).

Yes I love their last paragraph above Patch. Making out that they are not interested in "show specimens" when the truth is if they're not KC registered then they can't compete at shows, KC rules not theres, so they slate the show people.
I tried the registering a dog as well, and if you don't put one down, it says they will choose one for you. Then they ask you to put 3 generations down which again is a joke as they have no way of checking or confirming the pedigrees are correct.
Love the disclaimers littered all over the place though on their website saying they are NOT responsible or liable for any false information put on the pedigrees. So just proves the point they don't and have no way of checking.
stafford
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2008, 06:03 PM
I really have opened a tub of worms here.

Also i have had a little look around and the shirley's papers i mentioned in an earlier post In my opinion seem to be simular to dlr.
They also sell pet products too. eg wormers and such like.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by stafford View Post
I really have opened a tub of worms here.

Also i have had a little look around and the shirley's papers i mentioned in an earlier post In my opinion seem to be simular to dlr.
They also sell pet products too. eg wormers and such like.
Are you sure the Shirley's ones aren't just the blank pedigrees you get sent with a puppy pack? I think if you apply for a breeder pack, you get some blank pedigree forms, with the company's name on the top. Could this be the case?
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 06:29 PM
You can order a pack of Shirleys pedigree papers.......they are just blank forms for you to fill in.
Kingsley came with one (he is not registered, or sold as registered, just as a Yorkie with a Pedigree).
Didn't think you could register them with Shirleys (who are also called Beaphar). They do indeed sell wormers etc, as they are a pharmacutical company.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 07:42 PM
I wondered if it could be one of Sherley's blank pedigree forms
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
There's already been the DLR (Dog Lovers Registration) which offered exactly the same, with most of the pedigrees being made up !!
My friend's brother just got offered 4 cavalier pups for £100 each (intending for him to sell on) and when he asked for their papers he was given that DLR thing. I'd never heard of it, and the woman who was trying to get rid of the pups claimed she thought it was the same as being KC registered!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
My friend's brother just got offered 4 cavalier pups for £100 each (intending for him to sell on) and when he asked for their papers he was given that DLR thing. I'd never heard of it, and the woman who was trying to get rid of the pups claimed she thought it was the same as being KC registered!
I like this statement from a breeder that uses the DLRC ...

http://www.barkingupthewrongtree.co....n-club-37.html

i have registered two litters with dlrc and not for any of the unscrupulous reasons you stated but because their is an endorsement on my dogs certificate
And that's not unscrupulous ?
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Apparently, this woman said they were KC registered, then when he looked at the papers it said DLRC. Then the woman said 'Well, it's the same thing isn't it?'

Couldn't pull the wool over his eyes though. Don't know what happened to the pups
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2