Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2021, 08:37 AM

Daily Thread 20th January 2021

Good morning all
Wet and soggy here, hoping my slabs are still down lol.
Steve has a day off today, not sure if I will be seeing him or not as it's only one day but not seen him properly for what seems like forever!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2021, 09:58 AM
Good morning Kelly Randall who follow

Hope your slabs have not sunk under the weight of rain

Very wet here too and forecast for the day.

Hope all are well stay safe
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-01-2021, 10:11 AM
decided to drain the water butt yesterday the water in it had been in there for well over a year and it smelt wiffy to say the least. Took ages to drain out , just a little water left in it below the drain hole.

photo before the greenhouse was put up
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2021, 10:32 AM
Good morning all, needed to take a break from my son's Tax Return. My PC is playing up and I cannot seem to do anything with it. Fortunately this and the emailing is all ok.

Have a good day everyone and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-01-2021, 11:05 AM
opps don't work what I wanted to show
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2021, 12:07 PM
Afternoon griff, Sue, Barry, Moyra and all to follow.
Another wet underfoot day and a bit drizzly earlier when we took Dillon. thankfully he didn't want to be out to long today.

Expect your pc feels the same as you Moyra it needs a break.
griff hope the slabs are still down and you get to see Steve.

Not a lot on here tumbling sheets from yesterday and the washing basket seems to of miraculously grown again overnight. I sometimes wonder how I managed with two boys living at home until into their 20's and changing their clothes every 5 minutes.

We had an issue with the car Monday it hasn't been going far due to lock down so of course the battery has been temperamental. It has been starting with the booster cables we have until Monday, so I was in a right mood as we had no car if Dillon became ill again. We ordered as recommended by our garage a couple of months ago when it went down for battery testing which was fine, Gorden was advised to buy a solar trickle charger as she said our car needs a good run out at least 2 to 3 times weekly big car, big engine diesel and so needs a lot of runs.
Due to the weather we haven't been running it to the nature reserve and back a couple of times a week so of course and with the cold it almost died.
We ordered a battery charger always had one at one time but for some reason no longer owned one and the solar trickle charger, which apparently works in daylight even if dull we shall see.
Anyway battery charged put Dillon in the back late yesterday afternoon and took for a longish run along the A17 so we could it get it to 70 mph for a good hour there and back.
Hopefully problem sorted I go into meltdown now if no car regards Dillon.

Stay sfae everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2021, 01:08 PM
Lynn, it happens to everyone, my neighbour has a 2018 Peugeot and I had to jump her car the other week....she has been going to work and back. It takes around 20 minutes of driving to put back in the battery what is drawn to start it.
Won't be seeing Steve...he said he only has one day off, I haven't seen him properly since 4 January so told him to do one....I don't come second best to anyone or anything, he has a meeting at work Friday and potentially losing his job.... said he could let me know the outcome but I am not really bothered. He has spent more time with a male friend than with me, I am not a high maintenance woman, I have been very patient with him and given him chance after chance and I am fed up with it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2021, 01:14 PM
Oh yes griff everybody suffering. Gorden has a little testy thing and the battery is good after sitting overnight, not so cold last night though as it has been.
We will have to keep a better eye on it, I have siad every time he has given it a boost take it for a run no it will be ok, I give up.
So when things go sideways he gets the very cold shoulder.

Maybe as you say have some space regards Steve. Just don't fall into the trap of being there after Friday if it all goes wrong for him. You cannot be someones prop all the time.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2021, 02:37 PM
If he gets the sack, it would most likely be a good thing for him, it would force his hand to actually go and see this other fella about a job or do what he wanted to do...move away, you can drive a bus anywhere... can't you??
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2021, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Lynn, it happens to everyone, my neighbour has a 2018 Peugeot and I had to jump her car the other week....she has been going to work and back. It takes around 20 minutes of driving to put back in the battery what is drawn to start it.
Won't be seeing Steve...he said he only has one day off, I haven't seen him properly since 4 January so told him to do one....I don't come second best to anyone or anything, he has a meeting at work Friday and potentially losing his job.... said he could let me know the outcome but I am not really bothered. He has spent more time with a male friend than with me, I am not a high maintenance woman, I have been very patient with him and given him chance after chance and I am fed up with it
Oh dear Griff remember when you "deafed" him out couple of years ago and he came running back you want what you cannot have.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >