register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-02-2014, 10:28 AM
I've got shivers up my spine, thought you were going to say the eagle was after Bud, but after I read on, well.....lucky you having them close and personal.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2014, 10:50 AM
Well this update has MADE MY DAY! (I do hope you are keeping that blog and seriously considering writing a book)

WOW! That's all I can say. I'm glad the wolves had found something to eat before you spotted them lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to keep us in the loop here with this real life adventure of yours.

Off to watch the vids now. Before I go on my VERY TAME adventure, taking my dog to a deserted bit of beach I've heard about. I doubt we'll see anything wilder than another pooch or a few seagulls tho!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2014, 11:21 AM
Well you do have Lizards Tang!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2014, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Well you do have Lizards Tang!
Yeah and it is still warm enough to see the odd one or two scuttling about but ... I like lizards! I think they are cute.

For me they don't exactly come under the category of wild animals.

It's just great to see these REAL wolves in their real environment. Closest thing to them I've seen are the wolf type crosses that seem to be so popular these days as 'pets'.
TJCeeJay
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-02-2014, 04:40 AM
Hi all! Thanx for all the awesome comments!

I finished making the video from the footage from my video camera; and here it is.

It's 1+ hour condensed to 14 minutes, but it seems more like 4 minutes. lol!

And yup! I'm still keeping a journal of my daily doings here, and maybe someday it'll be the inspiration I need to make a book about Butedale. Not just me and Butedale, but the whole shebang from pre-history First Nation's village to whatever it becomes in the future.

Righty then, we've got some Aurora happenin' tonight; so I'm off to freeze my tush off for 4 or 5 hours with my cameras.

Cheers!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2014, 12:44 PM
Fantastic. Looking sleek, fit, healthy and fending for themselves in the freedom of the wild.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-02-2014, 01:17 PM
I was thinking the same, how well fed they looked, extremely 'well rounded' shall we say. It is the middle of winter when food becomes scarce, but not for them!!!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2014, 10:42 PM
Wow - how utterly wonderful! The pictures of the eagle are superb and those wolves...........well, all I can say is you lucky lucky thing!

I do hope that the Aurora happens, and that you can put some pictures of that up.
TJCeeJay
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-02-2014, 05:36 AM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Wow - how utterly wonderful! The pictures of the eagle are superb and those wolves...........well, all I can say is you lucky lucky thing!

I do hope that the Aurora happens, and that you can put some pictures of that up.
Thank you! And I truly realize how lucky I am. Lucky to live in paradise; and ever ever so lucky to have a chance to photograph and video wild wolves. Lucky lucky indeed!

I was also kinda lucky with the Northern Lights last night. I was lucky that they showed up on schedule, but not so lucky in that my camera had a brain fart and messed up most of my shots of the best and brightest Aurora. My Camera is an older (8 years old) Nikon D50; and while it's still a good camera, it seemed to have a mind of it's own last night! For those who know photography; the camera has iso settings of 100, 200, 400, 800, and 1600. Absolutely no other iso's are possible. Yet, even though I set the camera to iso 800; when I reviewed my pictures, most of them were shot at iso 200 or 320, or 360 or 640, or 720 or 900, or 1100, or 1400. Like WHUT? That's not even possible with my camera! Oh well, I got a few decent shots last night, even with my camera behaving strangely.

Here's a couple of 'em.

It may have been the cold temps messing things up, (-8 C) but I've been out in colder and for longer without the camera having a brain fart.

Righty then, time to put the boots on the rack above the wood stove to get nice and toasty, get my warm woolies on, and get the camera ready, 'cos there's gonna be another light show tonight! (Crossing fingers that the camera behaves this time!)

Cheers!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-02-2014, 07:55 AM
I am lost for words at the photos and videos - amazing, incredible, wonderful - none of them seem sufficient to express how I feel about them. Just WoW!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >