Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-05-2011, 05:48 PM
cheers for the tips folks

i came across the the mermaids singing as mikael blumquist the crime investigating joujrnalist in girl with the dragon tattoo was reading it!

btw, TGWTDT is completely astounding absorbing and gripping.
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
we had to study of mice and men at school, i liked it but others found it quite boring... and i love interview with the vampire. you should also read the vampire lestat by anne rice
Same here with Of mice and men. I got it again earlier this year to read again it is a great book.
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by EGYPTGAL View Post
Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult very good but disturbing and sad about a teenage school shooter and what drove him to it.
ooh i like this one its one of the first ones of hers i read, ive read most of them now, i want her new one - sing him home, but havent had the chance to buy it yet

Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
last friday to this monday i read the "girl with the dragon tattoo by steig larsson".
last night i started "valdez is coming by elmore leonard", im just about to finish the last 15 pages,....nice western.

in between i have been reading and taking study notes from "animals in translation by temple grandin".

oh, last saturday afternoon i read "of mice and men by john steinbeck", which is a great short 90 pages story about some drifters during depression era america.
i have also read 4 of the true blood/southern vampire mysteries the last couple months. they are brill.

i read 2 thirds of "interview with a vampire by anne" rice a couple weeks back but had to return the book to my freind and its been booked up in the library since.
the week before i read "year of wonders by geraldine brooks", a beautiful story about an english plague village in 1666.

i read a wallander crime story about a month ago, and i have another one waiting on my desk tonight.
brilliant atmospheric books.

speaking of henning mankell, i can also recommend eyes of the leopard, a story about a swedish white farmer in africa..

also have waiting on my desk a val mcdermid crime novel, tales of two species by patricia mcdonnell, control unleashed,....looking forward to both of these, as they tune into my view that operant conditioning is overstated.
we had to study this in school for english i enjoyed it and we also got to go and see the play of it, which was also good and helped with studying the book

ive just finished reading no place like home by pen farthing and now i need to choose which book the read next and ive got a few to choose from to might have to choose 2 one for home and one for work
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by loufoxyloxy View Post
ooh i like this one its one of the first ones of hers i read, ive read most of them now, i want her new one - sing him home, but havent had the chance to buy it yet

we had to study this in school for english i enjoyed it and we also got to go and see the play of it, which was also good and helped with studying the book

ive just finished reading no place like home by pen farthing and now i need to choose which book the read next and ive got a few to choose from to might have to choose 2 one for home and one for work
DOh sorry that was the 2nd the 1st is called 1 dog at a time if you haven't read that.

Oh i have read the Penn Farthing one theres another book about the dogs being here as well that's good and follows that one worth a read
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-05-2011, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by EGYPTGAL View Post
DOh sorry that was the 2nd the 1st is called 1 dog at a time if you haven't read that.

Oh i have read the Penn Farthing one theres another book about the dogs being here as well that's good and follows that one worth a read
yeah i have them both i re read the first one before reading the second one
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 10:14 AM
I'm reading a book about Zara Phillips.
I am not a great fan of the royal family, but she is has no royal title and I admire her in the equestrian world.
She is so normal and down to earth and is up mucking out her horses in the morning along with the groom and it says about her relationship with the other royals and the influence her mother has had on keeping her leading a normal life..
Its been a good read and very fascinating
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I'm reading a book about Zara Phillips.
I am not a great fan of the royal family, but she is has no royal title and I admire her in the equestrian world.
She is so normal and down to earth and is up mucking out her horses in the morning along with the groom and it says about her relationship with the other royals and the influence her mother has had on keeping her leading a normal life..
Its been a good read and very fascinating
sounds good
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 12:27 PM
I'm now reading The Dome by Stephen King - it's pretty good so far
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I'm now reading The Dome by Stephen King - it's pretty good so far
ive got that, but havent read it yet
kobi
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Just got Jean M Auel
Land of Painted caves.

About the 5th in a series based in the stone ages

A bit simplistic in that what ever new skills the heroine comes across she becomes expert, never just adequate or good, always expert but an interesting read with a view to taking in some ancient history.
Page 12 of 17 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »