View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Day 3 and a breakthrough here too as Max finally gave his paw last night!!!!

Charlie - now consistently giving paw - so we are just sticking with that with him as we don't want to confuse the boy any further !

Connor - still trys not 100% reliable on which paw he should give - left right both - but after a few goes he is realising that we only want one! and if we want the other its other - just needs to be worked on to get it in him.

Angus now can differentiate between his high five and paw - but he won't give the other so am trying to cue this for him to get but not holding much hope on it!

Oh and my arms are scratched so much from Angus enthusiasm of paw high five oh not that then BOTH!!!

Emily and Jess are proud of their boys so far though and I am them - I really didn't think Charlie would get it but Emily has worked wonders on the timing to get the little switch in his head to the on position He is smart its more of 'why should I bother attitude!

WELL DONE ALL - videos will be loaded (hopefully) when we are all absolutely sure we have it!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Day 3 and a breakthrough here too as Max finally gave his paw last night!!!!
Woohoo

Well done to your girls, I bet they are chuffed at the boys' progress

So Ramble - where are you, its now only the lovely Tango who has to get the idea of paw (no pressure on you then )
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Woohoo

Well done to your girls, I bet they are chuffed at the boys' progress

So Ramble - where are you, its now only the lovely Tango who has to get the idea of paw (no pressure on you then )
Well I realised putting him a sit was not working the lifting the paw didn't either - so I tried in the down and he kind of did it with a roll over thrown in - then he watched all the others and it was like well maybe I'll join in - Jess witnessed it and we both made such of fuss of him - his little face was a picture!

The girls are over the moon and its nice that they joined in too!

Yeah come on Tango you can do it
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 09:19 AM
Sounds like everyone is doing great, keep up the good work.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Hi,

well finally Yiannis has sussed how to give paw. After looking at me as thuogh I'm stuipid (maybe he's not wrong) and falling over many times sideways, he got it. But now he's doing it all the time when he wants something.

After I've taken his paw he gets too excited and jumps up, smacking me in the chops with his nose, which I'm convinced is made of concrete - it's SOOOOO hard!! I have so many bruises and scratches all up my arms now along with an almost broken nose.

Now he has to do the other paw. We'll work on it tomorrow.

Being neutered has had absolutely no effect on him other than he's gone completely made. Fr too much energy as he can only have short lead walks to begin with so I decided (as there were no bad effects) that I'd get him going on some trick training.

I'e found he seems to be more eager to learn than Zane or Ellie but isn't so good at learning. Still, so long as he wants o learn,. that's the main thing.

Laura xx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 07:52 PM
jake has managed paw! only took him 5 minutes to get lol he doesnt give it everytime but he does the vast majority and if he doesnt give it i just need to wait a few minutes and then he does he just gives any paw just now lol going to work on him getting better, he refuses to do it when no food is around and only gives paw to the hand that has the food lol

lauren
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 07:51 AM
Day 4 update

Max being the slow starter has so got it now - think he prob. knew what I wanted all along but was playing hard to get - him and Angus are the most consistent in the command now!

Charlie - takes him a good few seconds of looking gorgeous before the paw is given and then its like a claw on your hand but its the same paw everytime now.

Connor - right/left/both - where's my treat - oh just the right one ah! Second time - right/left / both - the boy is too enthusiastic but he is fun Jess doesn't seem to mind though
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 08:03 AM
fudge started off by being totally confused. She could already do paw, other paw and beg(both paws up on an arm).

I set off trying to get her to touch an object with her paw. She hated the idea of me placing her paw and barked and immediately went into a down. It took me a few minutes to get her back to do a basic paw again.

I decided to move on by placing my knee just below my hans so that whn she went to do paw it would naturally hit my knee on the way down. each time it hit my knee I used the command touch. After a few tries she seemed very happy with this so left the session on a positive before she got tired.

I will let you know how we get on later when we do another session.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 08:17 AM
Just as an Aside....

Will there be a new thread for us to 'show' our achievements? (through Video or Pictures?)
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 08:20 AM
Terra gives her paw almost consistantly now but still does the raking thing but are working on it. Still trying to get her to differentiate between paw and foot (right and left) but am working on it.
Becky
Page 10 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >