View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2016, 04:25 PM
We had to wait years for Hal. I didnt care what he looked like ... i just wanted an amazing healthy dog and i got one! I must say i dont get the blues eyes ��
Finnthepomsky
New Member!
Female 

19-09-2016, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Definitely no health testing, it would cost money to ensure the progeny was free of MRD, hip and elbow dyspasia etc. I can only be amazed they shelled out for AI, then again I suppose they wanted to be sure of their 'crop'
Another puppy not microchipped as per LEGAL requirement you think as well when will people learn
This puppy was chipped, got his first shot and declared healthy by a vet.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-09-2016, 05:44 PM
Health testing should be carried out on the parents before breeding so that genetic issues can be eradicated from the breeding process ensuring the pups do not suffer from certain genetic health issues. All breeds are predisposed to a selection of illnesses/defects that can be eliminated by selective breeding. A vet check is not the same thing, some of the tests are extremely expensive,
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-09-2016, 06:19 PM
I am totally amazed a vet would not be disturbed by a 6 week old puppy being sold like that, as I said I am sure it is illegal.
Health testing is expensive, yes, but I think puppies suffering and being unable to walk, going blind at an early age, or being born blind is far more expensive in terms of moral responsibility. Lets face it, if these types of puppies are being sold at anything up to £2k each then the cost of health testing the parents once for the relevant problems is far outweighed, one puppy would more than cover it
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-09-2016, 06:32 PM
True and reputable breeders breed because they want a pup for themselves so are motivated to ensure they are as healthy as possible.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-09-2016, 06:54 PM
I wouldn't like to think I was responsible for any puppy I bred being in pain or suffering just because I didn't care enough to cover the bases that were feasible.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2016, 07:21 PM
All the pulling apart of breeding practices are going to do nothing to help this young lady to deal with the pup - which she already has - who she is struggling with.

Finnthepomsky, have you had chance to try any of the suggested techniques? Don't be afraid to keep asking for advice. If you struggle with one technique, there are others that may suit. Finding what works for you is the important thing
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-09-2016, 08:28 PM
Proper training classes, attended every week, and her putting it into practice for 10 minutes every day is what is needed
CrazyDogLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-09-2016, 03:10 PM
Two very different dogs in there... Huskies are very high energy and need to be doing something - not necessarily active since he's only a pup you don't want to over do it and risk doing some damage. Mental stimulation is best so various training in the garden or in classes to start with and then practise in parks and on walks. Everything is nice and easy at this age, and FUN more importantly! It'll be hard to tell which breed he takes characteristics from.
I think what maybe throws people here is that it's not really a cross that benefits either breed. It's each to their own of course and please don't let it discourage you. Enjoy your puppy as he will no doubt be lovely.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3