Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2011, 10:13 PM

Don't know what I'm going to do

My OH lost his job in jan and had no luck what so ever getting anything despite hundreds of applications for anything. Job seekers r taking my loan and Bursary into account so only pay him £6/week it was £3 at one point. Now we were struggling using my overdraft in the hope that OH would find a job soon.

Now the council have reduced our rent allowance so have we are £60/ month short. I don't know what to do. I'm sinking deeper in my overdraft and cant see a way out.

Stress isn't good at any time but im 7.5 months pregnant and don't know what to do. I have asked about emergency accommodation coz at some point we will get chucked out of here for not paying enough rent and the woman was most unhelpful.

I'm not gona be out on the streets coz my partents would let me stay there but they won't have the animals so everything is wizzing round my head ATM and just needed to get it off my chest

ATD x
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Go to the CAB urgently and discuss, there are always choices.
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-05-2011, 10:43 PM
Oh what an awful and stressful situation. I would also suggest going to the CAB as soon as you can. I am sorry I cannot give you any other advice but good luck and I do hope that you get something sorted soon.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Citizens Advice a must. Hope you get sorted soon and that your OH finds that elusive job xxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-05-2011, 05:46 AM
Agree with the others make an appointment and go to CAB.

(((Hugs))). X
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2011, 06:16 AM
Totally agree with the others. I have used the CAB and they are able to go through your options and help you see things clearly. They really were a great help to me. I hope your situation improves, I know the worry surrounding losing your home but there is help and advice out there for you. xxx
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2011, 06:49 AM
Oh sorry to hear this hun, I don't have any advice I'm afraid, what is it your fella does? We live less than 20 miles away from you, and if he's a plumber/gas fitter I know of a job with my oh's company?! Very long shot I know!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2011, 06:50 AM
Some years back when Patrick lost his job at the airport, we used CAB they were wonderful at sorting out the morgage etc., even when he got his Job as bus driver (which he does still) they advised us on how and what to sort out first bill-wise.....even ringing everyone for us on our behalf.

Go and see them xxxxxxxxxxxxx and all the best to you both
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2011, 07:05 AM
Hopefully the CAB will assist and put your mind at rest. You really don't need this when you're 7.5 months pregnant!

This sort of thing makes my blood boil when I think of all the idle, lazy sods sitting at home claiming benefits that they are clearly not entitled to!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2011, 07:38 PM
I am so sorry you are going through all this and being pregnant as well - the stress must be awful. I do hope you go to CAB and that they can help. xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >