View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 10:04 PM
They could give you Gaviscon for reflux problems.

I didn't suffer from any sickness but I do know some girls that did and I really sympathise with you.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 10:19 PM
urgh i had it AWFUL!!! even the max strength gaviscon didnt work for more than 30 mins!

Its amazing how quick 9 months goes though!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
urgh i had it AWFUL!!! even the max strength gaviscon didnt work for more than 30 mins!

Its amazing how quick 9 months goes though!
I was so lucky!

It is so true - I thought the 9 months seemed to last for ever but looking back it was gone in a flash.
groovyloopylou
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-01-2011, 06:24 AM
your midwife / gp would prefer to hear from you if there is anything concerning you. Most niggles are just that, niggles, but always be better to be sure.
Niggles and concerns that got checked out potentially saved mine and my daughters life and were just niggles with my son.

As for morning sickeness, I think i was ill from 6 weeks till the day my daughter was born. Looking back now, it is just for a small time and you forget all the issues you had, and end up having another (although I drew the line at 2 for my own sanity)
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 09:57 AM
As others have said extreme morning sickness ( hyperemesis gravidarum) is serious so you need to see your doctor if it gets bad. My sister in law suffered this with all four of her pregnancies and had to be hospitalised.

I was never physically sick but i used to feel sick all the time, i found drinking ginger tea very helpful.

Hope you feel better, not sure how far along you are but usually after 3 months you start to feel a bit more human again !!
jordanio0207
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-02-2011, 10:27 PM
I have just got over my hyperemesis thats why I have not been on here, I had it for 9 weeks and in hospital twice. This is my 4th child and i've had it with all of them but this time was much worse I thought I was gonna die and most days I prayed I would. I'm alot better now though thank-god!! I hope you are feeling better, believe me when I say I know how terrible morning sickness can be!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2