Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2010, 02:25 AM

Mirena Coil problems

Has any one been having problems with their Mirena Coil?

I had mine fitted last Christmas Eve and everything has been going brilliantly, I've been sleeping really well and I've been feeling really good UPTO NOW. I've started getting pains in my lower abdomen, I think I've either got a Pelvic Inflammatory Disease or the coil has moved, plus two days ago I started getting severe insomonia. So far I haven't slept at ALL for two days and I do mean not AT ALL. Trouble is when I get severe insomonia it goes on for days and days until it is stopped and the only thing that will stop it is Temazapam and I'm not sure if the doctors will give it to me this time.

I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow for her to examine me to see if she can feel anything in my abdomen and then I will ask her to put me in for an ultrasound scan to see if there are any problems with the coil and it's still in place.

I cant believe I'm having these sleeping problems again, the last bout was two years ago. It's all hormone related so it's nothing to do with I'm worried about anything or the usual reasons people don't sleep. I'm really worried how my usual sleeping pattern is going to kick back in this time.
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Just to add, I did manage to get about 3 hours sleep this morning sitting in front of the tv so I'm quite pleased about that. Still getting pelvic pains though but seeing the doctor later.
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2010, 11:24 AM
hoipe you get it sorted i never got on with that coil had to take it out after 4 months of non stop bleeding!!
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by angied View Post
hoipe you get it sorted i never got on with that coil had to take it out after 4 months of non stop bleeding!!
Hello angied, thanks for your reply and sorry to hear you didn't get on with that coil. I've been lucky as far as the bleeding goes, I've had none after having absolute hirendous periods, so that side of things is fine.
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2010, 04:12 PM
I've been to the doctors and I've got a urinary infection.
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Aw, hope you feel better soon. I had mine removed as my skin totally flared up and I ended up with spots like I had when I was 15! At least you know it's not mirena related
KatieSmith
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Sorry to hear youve got a urine infection. As for the coil I had one fitted a few years ago and then got pregnant with Archie who was then born with the coil inbedded in his hand which had to be removed. See your GP or nurse about another coil perhaps.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Sorry to hear you're unwell and I'm sure you'll start to feel better soon as the antibiotics kick in.

On a positive note I'm on my 2nd Mirena, 6yrs now, and I love it! I had horrid periods and now nothing! It's such a joy not have to have periods.

I have gained weight (and then manged to loose it) since I had it but that may just be lifestyle?

Hope you feel better soon,

Hugs,

J.
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Thanks again for your replies. I'm glad the Mirena is working well for you Mother*ship, I think it's like Marmite, you either love it or hate it.

I will certainly stick with the Mirena Coil for the time being.