Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Yorkie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-09-2005, 02:55 PM

Ultrasonic Teeth descaling

Hi,
Does anyone know how much on average ultrasonic teeth descaling costs at the vets?
My little yorkie has always had perfect teeth ( we clean them with tooth wipes) but recently they don't seem to be doing the job and we have noticed an orangey build up on his "fangs" (is that the right word?? ) and this is getting a bit darker near the top... He seems to be ok in himself and is eating properly but I'm sure his teeth will need descaling so any rough ideas of the cost will be much appreciated!! Or in fact any advice at all.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2005, 04:07 PM
I used Logic on my dogs teeth, it's a paste and cost about £7 or £8 from the vets. Cleaned my dogs teeth lovely and the dogs loved it
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-09-2005, 09:27 PM
Sorry Yorkie I have no idea, I guess it depends how good your little dog is and if it needs sedation... why not ring your vet and ask.. if it needs doing maybe better to get it done now before the build up gets any worse.
Yorkie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2005, 08:09 AM
I will phone the vet later but I thought I'd ask while I was on here as no-one was picking up there yesterday. I'm hoping he doesn't need sedation poor thing. He might not need it done at all as the build up isn't that bad but I'm going to take him for a check up anyway. I'm, such a worrier when it comes to my boys!!