Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 07:47 PM

Ultrasonic bark deterant collar

Bling collars, e collars, spray collars, have just seen above mentioned in a magazine supplement n wondered if anyone has come across or had experience of such n outcome of using(if any). Think every kind of collar has been mentioned here(so please forgive if have missed) but never seen this before.
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Not used a collar but I have tried a unit that plugs into the wall and emits an ultrasonic or audible noise when a dog barks..... result, three dogs who ignored it, one dog who almost wet himself when it went off and then fear barked... unit lasted about 2 days till i gave up on it.

Friend had a battery operated one, her oldest dog just learnt to bark continuously till th battery ran out.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 08:25 PM
My OH's family have one for Benjie - a unit that is - it's on the cabinet unplugged - like yours Kate - he ignored it.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 04:15 PM
Thanks for your replies, sounds like not much use at all, and certainly not if they cause distress. There were ultrasonic spider and garden pest deterants advertised in the same supplement, wonder how many bins or car boot sales they end up in.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by KateM View Post
Not used a collar but I have tried a unit that plugs into the wall and emits an ultrasonic or audible noise when a dog barks..... result, three dogs who ignored it, one dog who almost wet himself when it went off and then fear barked... unit lasted about 2 days till i gave up on it.

Friend had a battery operated one, her oldest dog just learnt to bark continuously till th battery ran out.
I tried a spray collar with a dog who barked continously in the car. (it went pffft and gave a citronella puff of air). The dog was quiet once. Then she realised she liked shouting more than she disliked the smell and emptied the dratted thing in 5 minutes of continuous barking.
Luckily we`d hired it from the vet, not shelled out real money for one.
We never did cure that old girl of barking...