View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2006, 03:26 PM

whining on walks (why does puppy do this?)

ok this is something i have not come across before Inca is 5and half months and on walks even with another for company she whines ?? walks nicely just whimpers all the time ..she is not a quiet or timmid pup so why dose she do this ?

any idea's
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2006, 03:37 PM
Is it excitement? Does it stop half way round your walk? Do you think she might be in pain somewhere? Maybe she's bursting to have a wee, but can't find the right place quick enough, does it stop after she's wee'd? Not much help am I!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2006, 03:41 PM
no she isn't in pain ..its a kind of wimpering pick me up please type of thing ......she walks really well I am wondering if its an attention kind of thing
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Hi Inca I have known other dogs do this. Tess one of the cockers did it in a 'bossy-can't-get- there-fast-enough-way ' really annoying..

Maybe like Tess Inca just can't contain her excitement ..What do you do when Inca whines? If you are sure she is not in any distress the whining should be ignored/no word/no eye contact and she should eventually stop doing it ....
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2006, 04:18 PM
i just ingnore it ..I think she wants to be carried as when we stop at roads etc its a mad panic to jump up and hang on to my leg she was terrible today the other girls kept stopping almost like they were reassuiring her the walk was hard work today
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Finn does it too He gets really bad when we stop at traffic lights, he whines, howls and jumps around. Then as we get to nearer the park or friends houses it starts again as he knows where he is going.

I put it down to Mini's ' bossy-can't-get- there-fast-enough-way ' He is a very easily excited puppy
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2006, 06:45 PM
Harvey has done that a couple of times too!! Normally half way into the walk as if he cant be bothered with walking any further. I ignore it, and then he will see something and is distracted, and continues to walk without any further fuss!!