View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Cant remember my first book maybe mum may refresh my memory.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Ah,a clever clogs to boot eh.
I wished.

I've it twice and it still don't make any sense to me.

The problem with all this Cr*p from Brussels is that they don't write it in a language anyone can understand.

I know it must be in Scottish
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 07:50 PM
I loved to read when I was a little girl - still do if I can get the time.
I loved Enid Blyton and there are still some of my books in the bookcase in my old bedroom at home!
But my best book was a Ladybird Book - it was called Ginger's Adventures. It was about a boy and his dog-called Ginger and because the boy was moving away Ginger was sent away on a train. Now this is the bit where I always started to cry and my mum would say that she would not continue as I was so upset - but I would say no carry on, carry on - because at the end Ginger escapes from his new home and runs all the way to the little boy and they live happily ever after.
I still have it in my old bedroom bookcase and would never part with it.
In fact I am going to read it when I visit next
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 08:49 PM
I can`t remember which was my first book, but i used to buy a ladybird book each week with some pocket money. they are still at mum and dads. i used to sob my heart out at one called Beaky the greedy Duck.....

One book I loved as a child and can still remember opening on Christmas day was wind in the willows. i can even remember the smell of the new pages.It is still on my shelf.Also Peter Pan was a real favourite too.
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
I can`t remember which was my first book, but i used to buy a ladybird book each week with some pocket money. they are still at mum and dads. i used to sob my heart out at one called Beaky the greedy Duck.....

One book I loved as a child and can still remember opening on Christmas day was wind in the willows. i can even remember the smell of the new pages.It is still on my shelf.Also Peter Pan was a real favourite too.
I remember one about the Sleeping Beauty which smelled lovely. I still like to sniff a new book.
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Colin Bradish View Post
I wished.

I've it twice and it still don't make any sense to me.

The problem with all this Cr*p from Brussels is that they don't write it in a language anyone can understand.

I know it must be in Scottish
Oh har har Colin...Grrr. Awa' an bile yer heid.
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2007, 09:00 PM
I seem to recall that it was a book I won from my Salvation Army Sunday School called House on the Hill or something like that. I recall really loving the story so much that I used to read it under my covers at night.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by GSDLover View Post
I seem to recall that it was a book I won from my Salvation Army Sunday School called House on the Hill or something like that. I recall really loving the story so much that I used to read it under my covers at night.
heh, heh, must've been printed in louminous ink then.
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
heh, heh, must've been printed in louminous ink then.
Never mind luminous ink, I'm more distressed at learning that sending us kids to Sunday School had nothing to do with religious education! It was just an excuse for parents to engage in rumpy-pumpy!
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2007, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by GSDLover View Post
Never mind luminous ink, I'm more distressed at learning that sending us kids to Sunday School had nothing to do with religious education! It was just an excuse for parents to engage in rumpy-pumpy!
they obviously never heard of vaseline then ? you put it on the door handles to keep the kids out !
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >