View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Where did you find this breeder? Was she a member of any of the breed clubs (the best place to find a reputable breeder) was she an accredited breeder? What were the hip scores of the sire and the dam? What was the age of the dam? How many litters had the dam had?

TBH whether or not you think her home was too small for th e number of dogs she had, or what money she made out of her litter is really neither here nor there, neither issue necessarily makes her a disreputable breeder (nor a reputable one).
swannybaby
New Member!
Female 

18-02-2011, 02:48 PM
It was what i thought that mattered to me, it was a personal decision not to take JD back to his breeder i didnt want him living it those conditions, two of the weims where kept outside most of the day and all night, even when it was -8.. It just was not suitable for JD. I wanted him in a family home, hes loves to be in with the family, and even like his last owner said, no matter how heavy or boney he was, hed do anything to sit on your lap. Its just a shame it didnt work out for them.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by swannybaby View Post
It was what i thought that mattered to me, it was a personal decision not to take JD back to his breeder i didnt want him living it those conditions, two of the weims where kept outside most of the day and all night, even when it was -8.. It just was not suitable for JD. I wanted him in a family home, hes loves to be in with the family, and even like his last owner said, no matter how heavy or boney he was, hed do anything to sit on your lap. Its just a shame it didnt work out for them.
Yet you bought a puppy from someone who kept her dogs in those conditions

Just a question and you dont have to answer it if you dont want to, but did you charge your new owners a fee for JD??
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 05:08 PM
I really didnt want him to go back to his breeder, i felt she would quite possibly keep him herself, when her home was far too small for the 4 she already had! She makes a lot of money doing what she does and doesnt work, she made £9100 out of the litter JD was in, and her other weim was also pregnant! This was an important decision for me to make, the family i did chose gave him a fantastic home and spent a lot of one on one time training him so now he walks without a lead and does amazing tricks, just unfortunately like me, their home didnt work out, and this has had lasting effects on their whole family to where they now have to move home.. Regardless of whether i chose this family or a rescue place chose it, it could of still happened! Things like this do happen, thats the sad part about it. You never know until you try!
Home size really isnt important. What is important is how much exercise and training/attention the dogs got. Weims- after a good run and mental stimulation are usually more than happy to stay in one warm spot until something interesting makes them get up!

As for how much money she made...how do you know she made that? are you going by litter size and sell cost? What about factoring in health tests, the cost of working/showing the dog, aswell as stud fees and veterinary costs and of course the general cost of raising a large breed litter (they eat ALOT!)

I'm sorry but you should really have contacted his breeder, she may well have known someone to either foster or rehome him...someone with experience in the breed.

Your initial decision to home him into a home with a resident puppy was a BIG mistake and totally irresponsible.

You will probably never get the reassurance you want, but when you gave him up you gave away the right to that.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 05:29 PM
I really didnt want him to go back to his breeder, i felt she would quite possibly keep him herself, when her home was far too small for the 4 she already had! She makes a lot of money doing what she does and doesnt work, she made £9100 out of the litter JD was in, and her other weim was also pregnant! This was an important decision for me to make, the family i did chose gave him a fantastic home and spent a lot of one on one time training him so now he walks without a lead and does amazing tricks, just unfortunately like me, their home didnt work out, and this has had lasting effects on their whole family to where they now have to move home.. Regardless of whether i chose this family or a rescue place chose it, it could of still happened! Things like this do happen, thats the sad part about it. You never know until you try!
Did you read what I wrote in the first paragraph ?
An example of why people should go to reputable breeders who permanently ID their puppies so that in the event of them going through a breed rescue the breeder will get their puppy back.
swannybaby
New Member!
Female 

18-02-2011, 09:30 PM
After i met JD i fell in love with him, i wanted him for him not from where he came from, that didnt matter to me!..
But anyway to end all these repetitive comments, i now know where JD is, he is very happy and healthy!! My decision to rehome him was not a mistake as some have quoted, as he had a very happy life with his new home, plenty of time and money was spent on them, they built a huge dog area in their back garden for them to lounge in during the summer! They had dedicated owners but unfortunatly after nearly a year there, the family had huge problems, one being mainly their son's health!! Before they got JD they had meetings with a weim rehoming centre and was soon to adopt one, until they heard of JD. So these problems would of happened regardless!! I was very careful in who i chose, i had people from all over the UK after him! JD was very special to me and whether i gave up my 'right' or not, i would always do everything i could to make sure he is ok! His wellbeing comes first before anything..
Tinglesnark
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2011, 09:43 PM
so glad to read that JD is happy and healthy and that you can settle and gain som closure
Good luck with all of the changes! It must be such an emotionally distressing time for you so (hugs)

x
swannybaby
New Member!
Female 

18-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Ah thank you so much, its nice to hear a positive message!! Im so relieved, all i wanted to know was that my little JD was settled and happy, I couldn't think about him without crying yesterday, it was all such a shock and iv been unbelievably worried!! So its nice to have some peace of mind! Thank you hun
Tinglesnark
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2011, 12:30 AM
I can understand that, sometimes things happen and you just can't stop them and you feel so helpless. Relax now, you know he is safe and concentrate on getting back on track x
swannybaby
New Member!
Female 

19-02-2011, 01:45 AM
Thank you hun x
Page 8 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >