Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-02-2011, 05:42 PM

Boxers on Death Row

I may be able to get them out and foster them for a short time but they need help urgently.Both well trained obedient.[IMG][/IMG]This is the male.[IMG][/IMG]And this is the bitch.HELP!!!

Email me at :tonto@dr.com
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Velvetboxers is part of NI boxer rescue she may know who can help..
I take it they are in ireland?
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Bless, hope they get the help they need...
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-02-2011, 07:48 AM
Helen did indeed come to the fore but it's okay.They're getting out today and are safe!Phew!They were due to 'see the vet' this afternoon.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Thank goodness they are safe. They both look gorgeous..I'd love a boxer...they are so much fun
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Tell me about it.6 months ago I wouldn't have looked at one twice but that was before I lived with one.My white lady has made me a convert.Fabulous breed.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by HiHoSilver View Post
Tell me about it.6 months ago I wouldn't have looked at one twice but that was before I lived with one.My white lady has made me a convert.Fabulous breed.
Didnt know you had a white Boxer, we have 2. Did you know they are now shown in Germany & can be bred fromthere & in accordance with EC regulations Europe will follow suit! Boxers are fab but not a breed for everyone & sadly people dont do their homework before getting one.
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Aint that a sad fact!My Daisy was a Christmas gift from a dimwitted son to his equally intellectually challenged aged mother.She lived alone so the numpty thought she would like the 'company' and protection.Company is in inverted commas as the dog had very obviously never set foot indoors before she came here.
Mammy thought it was all fine when the dog was a pup but -gee whiz who would a thought it - the dog got bigger and of course was too 'strong' for the old dear. Again with the I.c's - Daisy had never worn a collar before either much less a lead..
This sort of thing just boggles me.There was a St Bernard in rescue a few years back discarded because it 'grew too big'!
It looks as if Daisy may have had pups too,or maybe just one,two of her nipples look as if they've seen some use.As she was only 15months old when she came to me if she has been in whelp it would have been on her first season..
I thought breeding from whites was frowned upon because of the deafness issues and the increased risk of melanoma?
Daisy has no papers and I don't breed anything anyway so she's already had her operation.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 07:12 PM
So pleased these 2 are now safe. well done !
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by HiHoSilver View Post
Aint that a sad fact!My Daisy was a Christmas gift from a dimwitted son to his equally intellectually challenged aged mother.She lived alone so the numpty thought she would like the 'company' and protection.Company is in inverted commas as the dog had very obviously never set foot indoors before she came here.
Mammy thought it was all fine when the dog was a pup but -gee whiz who would a thought it - the dog got bigger and of course was too 'strong' for the old dear. Again with the I.c's - Daisy had never worn a collar before either much less a lead..
This sort of thing just boggles me.There was a St Bernard in rescue a few years back discarded because it 'grew too big'!
It looks as if Daisy may have had pups too,or maybe just one,two of her nipples look as if they've seen some use.As she was only 15months old when she came to me if she has been in whelp it would have been on her first season..
I thought breeding from whites was frowned upon because of the deafness issues and the increased risk of melanoma?
Daisy has no papers and I don't breed anything anyway so she's already had her operation.
There is a lot of old Wives tales regarding white Boxers. The German Boxer Council are the governing council for all Boxers world over and what they say goes - I am sure there will be guidelines and protocols put in place.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >