Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2008, 08:57 AM
Lorna

It sounds as if you staying positive which is a really good thing and are making steps forward to make things better for Icon. Wishing you every success with your beautiful boy.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2008, 09:12 AM
Thank you darling, I'm trying my best
Just sold a photo for £100, thats half a month's creche!

Anyone want any photos of their dogs done????????
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2008, 09:32 AM
I think what you're planning to do is a really good idea.

Icon is at that age, isn't he? The same as Murphy

I think going back to basic training would help his SA
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2008, 09:51 AM
Definately agree with you Isochick,

We've got a lot to look forward to, we've just had a difficult year, not ideal, but I'm not letting go and giving up - I've fought this hard.

He's being re crate trained. He seems happy enough to go in there, and he's barking again when he needs to go out for wee which is a very very good thing!

He's on my lap at the mo! It'll get there! Walk in an hour with a friend and her dog which will make him all sleepy then mummy can clean and iron!!!!!
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Its been organised with my dog sitter, as from next week he's going to have him from a Monday morning to Tues night and a Thurs morning to Friday night I'm so happy!!!!!!
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Oh Lorna, it's not the best place to be at the moment for you is it? Once you've got him settled in his crate, try moving the crate to a different room so you can shut him in it for a while but he's still got the slight separation from you. Encourage him to sleep in it over night. This gives him the time to again learn to be apart from you during a time he's sleepy and wanting to doze off. It may take a while but persivere with it. Also, if you've got a piece of your clothing, try putting that in there with him so he's got your smell to comfort him. If his crate is one of the wire ones, drape a towel over it so that it makes it slightly darker, a bit more like a den so to speak. Try leaving a radio on when you go out as well, sometimes just the sound of someones voice can be enough to calm them. This all worked with Dingo and he's so calm and happy to be on his own it's unreal.

Heidi
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2