16-11-2010, 08:06 AM
How terrifying! How is he today? x
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Thanks so much everyone.

We've had a terrible night with him whining and being quite un-settled. The vets were in touch with us through the night and felt happy that his reaction was passing once the drooling stopped. His gums have also gone back to normal after a few hours.

We tried to take him for a walk this morning but he wasn't having any of it. I can't tell you how sad that made me because Woody NEVER refuses a walk.

He's curled up in his bed now, exhausted (know how he feels) so am going to try and get him to come into the office with me so I can keep an eye on him.

First round of abs tonight with chicken and rice so hopefully that will stay down and we'll start to see an improvement.

Thank God it wasn't bloat. What an absolute scare though.

Thanks for all thoughts and wishes xxxxx
To be honest, these highlighted things are the last things the dog needs. He needs quiet and rest.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-11-2010, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
To be honest, these highlighted things are the last things the dog needs. He needs quiet and rest.
I agree Dawn and if I was Pidge I would use a day of my holiday to stay home. The more Woody sleeps the better with a bowl of water near his bed and a quiet calm atmosphere..
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-11-2010, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I agree Dawn and if I was Pidge I would use a day of my holiday to stay home. The more Woody sleeps the better with a bowl of water near his bed and a quiet calm atmosphere..
Agree with the above posts also

The last thing he needs today Pidge it to be taken out for a walk, or go into a busy office,

Think how you feel after a realy bad tummy bug, all you want is a to rest, in a warm room/bed, and recover.

He will be feeling weak and lethargic, and probably sore too.

I would 1) leave him at home, and try and pop in to check on him, or 2) stay at home with him, and just let him rest.

This happened to Bandit a few mths back,but him being an old man, he was very ill, (surprised me how an old dog can go down hill so fast) he ended up on a drip for 2 days in the vets)

Anyway getting back to Woody, hope he is feeling a little more himself today!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Agree with the above posts also

The last thing he needs today Pidge it to be taken out for a walk, or go into a busy office,

Think how you feel after a realy bad tummy bug, all you want is a to rest, in a warm room/bed, and recover.

He will be feeling weak and lethargic, and probably sore too.

I would 1) leave him at home, and try and pop in to check on him, or 2) stay at home with him, and just let him rest.

This happened to Bandit a few mths back,but him being an old man, he was very ill, (surprised me how an old dog can go down hill so fast) he ended up on a drip for 2 days in the vets)

Anyway getting back to Woody, hope he is feeling a little mere himself today!
Its happened to Tarn twice in the last 12mths, (steroid crisis) both times kept at vets for a couple/few days. Old dogs and young puppies go down hill very fast indeed.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 08:56 AM
He's enclosed under my desk and there is only two of us in my office, but will try and negotiate working from home this morning at least as I know what you mean.
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-11-2010, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Earlier on tonight Woody just wouldn't stop retching, puking (frothy stuff) and kept going all wobbly and pale gums.

Called the vets who said to bring in immediately as sounds like bloat.

They checked him over and after a thorough examine have said it's likely to be acute gastro. He's had an ab jab and anti sick jab, which he had a reaction to. He ran in circles, whimpering and almost fitting. It was horrid to see ;o(

He's now back with us to monitor over the next few hours to be sure it's not an obstruction and that he is coping with the symptoms of the jab, as has excessive drooling and shaking right now. He's very unsettled and we have to keep an eye on him over the next few hours.

So scared for my little guy ;o(
Hope he's on the mend today!
He hadn't eaten anything on a walk had he? Just it sounds very similar to something that happened to one of mine a few weeks ago. He chewed one of those sticky burrs became agitated, restless and confused very quickly. He was having difficulty swallowing was frantically trying to make himself sick and was drinking copious amounts of water! On first examination the vet thought he was postictal (until the dogs stopped the behaviour to listen to a baby in reception).
I can empathise with you, horrible situation and you feel so helpless!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-11-2010, 08:59 AM
Sorry he is still feeling uncomfortable I hope he starts to recover soon.

I would let him dictate when he wants exercise as he will know how he feels. Ollie if under the weather will sometimes refuse to go for a walk but when better is ready and bouncing again to go out.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 09:03 AM
It`s so frightening when they go down so quickly. I hope he gets better soon.
X
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Working from home this morning.

He's lying on the bathroom floor comatose. Hasn't drunk anything all morning, but he's not a big drinker anyway (usually 3 big gulps a day only) but will keep an eye on it.

The vet was ever so surprised to his reaction to the jab. Apparently it can cause side effects, but it's very rare.

When he's better he's going to have sea bass and a lovely long walk, his two favourite things!
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »