Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2010, 09:21 AM

Saw a Lakeland Trailhound today.

This morning, on our 8am walk, lovely dog she was, and I had the chance to get up and personnal because the dog decided to come over and greet Honey and Diesel and went deaf to her owner, which surely a hound would never do , bless her she looked almost like a cross between a Fox hound and a Beagle, but had such a gentle nature, must admit though I have never seen a Trailhound in the flesh before, but this one didn't disapoint.
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-08-2010, 08:39 PM
They are lovely. I know someone who is heavily into rescuing these beautiful dogs so if you ever want one .......
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2010, 09:27 PM
I have an extremely soft spot for these lovely dogs - I once won a little money on one at the Grasmere Sports many many years ago!!!!

They are incredible animals - soft and loving, but so agile and to see them streaming over the fells is a sight never to be forgotten.
katie1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
This morning, on our 8am walk, lovely dog she was, and I had the chance to get up and personnal because the dog decided to come over and greet Honey and Diesel and went deaf to her owner, which surely a hound would never do , bless her she looked almost like a cross between a Fox hound and a Beagle, but had such a gentle nature, must admit though I have never seen a Trailhound in the flesh before, but this one didn't disapoint.
just looked at some pictures lovley looking dogs
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by Chellie View Post
They are lovely. I know someone who is heavily into rescuing these beautiful dogs so if you ever want one .......
I already have two sighthounds, one that thinks that he is also part scent hound, so maybe not right now also I already have my next breed/type lined up, hopefully my next dog will be another sight hound from Spain, maybe in the future though

Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I have an extremely soft spot for these lovely dogs - I once won a little money on one at the Grasmere Sports many many years ago!!!!

They are incredible animals - soft and loving, but so agile and to see them streaming over the fells is a sight never to be forgotten.
Glad you won some money, I'd love to see them out working

Originally Posted by katie1 View Post
just looked at some pictures lovley looking dogs
They really are gorgeous .