Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-10-2006, 08:21 PM

Anyone watch Holby City tonight?

Hi,

It was a heart breaking episode tonight, I thought anyway. I was sitting with tears rolling down my cheeks. All because Mr Hope's wife had gone abroad to have euthansia, she was suffering from Motor Neuron Disease (MND) she said a few things that I could relate to, one was that she said "is this the life I'm going to lead to my death" and I too have often thought that, especially when I have been in pain and not being able to do much.

I think I need some happy pills. Any one got any?

Ian
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2006, 08:24 PM
aww ian i dont have any happy pills but loads of hugs if you want them,i watched tonights episode and i cried it was so sad
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Watched the last half hour after Its Me Or The Dog-made me cry even bloody more!! Was REALLY powerfull i thought..and just so..so..just so bloody sad!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2006, 08:35 PM
I was just about to post about this!!!
I totally bawled my eyes out. I was shocked just how far they went into it. I knew the procedure over there as I read quite a heart wrenching article about a lady who had gone over there to do it with her children with her. From the article, it would seem that the portrayal was very accurate.
It has made me feel really down I have to say and I felt initially that the wife was being selfish, but in those last moments, when the husband apologised and told her how he felt, well, who knows...
I don't know my views on this subject at all...

Ian...big hugs.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Beautifully portrayed wasn't it - but so so sad - that music at the end - needed a few tissues!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-10-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Ailsa1 View Post
I was just about to post about this!!!
I totally bawled my eyes out. I was shocked just how far they went into it. I knew the procedure over there as I read quite a heart wrenching article about a lady who had gone over there to do it with her children with her. From the article, it would seem that the portrayal was very accurate.
It has made me feel really down I have to say and I felt initially that the wife was being selfish, but in those last moments, when the husband apologised and told her how he felt, well, who knows...
I don't know my views on this subject at all...

Ian...big hugs.
An uncle, by marriage, of mine died of MND a few years back now-i can tell you, it is far from a dignified way to go..or life to have to endure, as one can not call it living anymore. I think Hoby City really showed it 'truly' and didn't dress anything up-kept it as real as possible, which is allways a good thing. I agree Ailsa, the ending with them together was very emotional..very memory lurching too. Shocking how 'programs' can have such an affect..
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2006, 08:42 PM
I can't believe I had to miss it - no TV as everything is packed away!!!!! Fingers crossed OH has recorded it on Sky+ so I can watch it at the weekend.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2006, 08:42 PM
True Luke, it's amazing they do provoke such a reaction, but that's probably because they do invoke memories of those we've seen suffer, or make us put ourselves in that position.
Gutted.
Fantastic episode though,even though I felt as though I was intruding in a really bizarre way...how weird is that...it's a story...
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-10-2006, 08:50 PM
I found it very sad to watch, very emotional episode
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Ailsa1 View Post
Fantastic episode though,even though I felt as though I was intruding in a really bizarre way...how weird is that...it's a story...

I felt the same way too, I know it's a fictional program but it was so life like, if you know what I mean.

Ian
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >