Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2006, 04:00 PM

Air Gun Pellet

OMG! Just taken the cat to the vet as she's been chewing an abscess like a crazy woman and it turns out she's been shot with an air rifle?
He says there's he can feel a little lump under the skin which feel likes an air gun pellet.
I feel really bad now, we've been telling her of for the last couple of weeks coz she won't leave it alone, licking it all the time and making it go all manky!
No wonder she doesn't want to go out anymore poor puss.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2006, 04:06 PM
aww poor cat i hate these air guns we have lads where we are and they think there great to use they are always shooting at cats and squirrels id like to turn it on them one day and give them a taste of there own medicine.has your vet given your cat anything or are they going to remove the pellet
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-01-2006, 04:20 PM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! I hate it when some stupid s*d does something nasty with an air gun - he/she makes it all the harder for us who use air guns responsibly! Up here in Scotland, we've had kids shot dead, and a consequent call for a ban. When I was a kid, I got hit in the head by an air gun pellet (I've still got the mark to show for it), but I still wouldn't support a ban. Restrictions on sales, probably, licenses, definitely, but not a ban - plinking cans with my air rifle is as close as I can get to a sport these days: I was trained in military shooting (with something a lot more powerful than an air gun!) and if I can shoot safely, I don't see why someone else can't.

I've always held to the idea that if you aren't going to eat it, don't shoot it, and I don't shoot at living things at all - not even Jehovah's Witnesses I have an old tin hanging on an iron spike, and it takes the occasional battering (not recently, however), whenever I feel the need to think there's something I CAN do.

Being in a country area, we get a few rats hanging about. I don't even shoot at them, because I wouldn't even want to leave a wild rat wandering around hurt.

I hope the moggy gets well soon - once the pellet is removed (if pellet it be), a bit of antibiotic and TLC ought to do the trick. I'm not a great lover of cats, but I don't like to think of one being hurt, particularly deliberately.

Snorri
(Former Army "marksman")
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2006, 04:34 PM
Thanks Jen! Yeah she's on pencyillin for 10 days and then has to go in and get it removed.........on Friday the 13th!

Hi Snorri. Don't know what to say really! Never had any experience of air rifles and TBH quite surprised that it might be air gun pellet! What are air rifles used for exactly I mean would farmers use them as we have quite a nasty one behind us? I don't really know of kids round here that have one and she tends to steer well clear of anyone she doesn't know.

How the hell I'm going to get the tablets into her I really don't know. And twice a day, great!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2006, 04:38 PM
break the tablets up or even crush them to a powder and mix it in with her food if she wont eat it then wrap a towel around her put her between your legs holding tightly put your finger down the side of her mouth and when opened push the tablet to the back then close the mouth and hold shut untill tablet is gone i have to do this with mine it dosent hurt them or stress them out good luck
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Might try crushing them first, trouble is she doesn't always eat all her food at once. Perhaps just giving her them first before dishing out the rest of the food? Tried the towel thing but after a couple of days she sees me coming and scarpers!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2006, 04:55 PM
does your cat drink milk if yes crush the tablets up and add to the milk will try and think of some other ways for you
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover
does your cat drink milk if yes crush the tablets up and add to the milk will try and think of some other ways for you
Ooh she does, that's a good one! I'll defo try that one, cheers!
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2006, 05:39 PM
Also you could try crushing the pill and sprinkling it on to a piece of fish or something irresistible like that, and handfeeding to make sure she eats all of it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-01-2006, 06:03 PM
Hope your poor cat gets better soon.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >