Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2008, 06:19 PM

Cut Nose

It's not a huge cut and it's not bleeding but it has broken the skin. Dingo has some how managed to cut his nose just below his right nostril. Do I need to do anything to keep it clean or is it best left alone to heal?
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2008, 08:16 PM
I'd keep a close eye on it and try and keep it as clean as possible so it doesn't get infected.

I'm sure someone with far more knowledge than me will come along soon and advise you if there is anything good you can put on it:smt002
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2008, 10:29 PM
i would say keep it clean as much as you can maybe put a little bi of sudacrem on to help healing and also stop muck getting in hun. use warm boiled water with a litte salt to clean. hope it heals fast for you hun thinking of you.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Hi Fliggle dogs noses are so sensitive, it must be sore.

I would try to bathe the cut with mild saline which is odourless, will cean it and shouldn't bother Dingo too much,then keep an eye on it to make sure there is no sign of infection (indicated by swelling or discharge and Dingo rubbing it) Mild saline it one pint of boiled water to a teaspoon of salt then allowed to cool.

As always if you have any concerns, see the vet, I hope it is better soon
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2008, 09:53 AM
Followed all the advice over the weekend and his nose is healing really nicely. I did try to put some sudocrem on it but as soon as he licked his nose next he looked at me like I was trying to poison him.